Singapore Expats

Returning back to Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
riarsa

Returning back to Singapore

Post by riarsa » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:00 pm

I was a Singapore PR, i moved with my spouse to a foreign country. But, i didn't know i had to get Entry Permit. When i was about renew my PR Status through online, the immigration officer said since i was not in Singapore after i got my PR, the officer cancelled my PR.
Now, due to family problems, i want to move back to Singapore, i have a solid working experience in IT field and also, in technical field. Can i get job , if yes, how should i apply? will i get my PR back or do i have to come though EP....... Even if i come through EP, will i get PR back?

I appreiciate your feed backs and suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 1:14 pm

Frankly, there really isn't any way of knowing. So many changes in the past 18 months. If you were here as a PR previously and did not remove your CPF, there is a good possibility that you can come back as a EP holder, if you can get it, and then re-apply for PR again. But whether or not you will be successful......... :?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers