Singapore Expats

dilemna..plssss help

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
helpless

Post by helpless » Mon, 27 Dec 2010 8:26 pm

hi ksl,

sori for this late reply. thks for ur valuable advice..i will try it out.as for now, technically, my wife doesn't want to have anytrhing to do with him, coz he's the one that got caught with extra maritial affairs, but will see what i can do..thks once again..do update me if u have any new suggestions.

Thanking in advance

helpless

Post by helpless » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 1:31 pm

hi ,

my wife have tendered her resignation..her last day at work will be on 31st Jan 2010.so what will happen next? will she be allowed in sg for long or juz on social pass?

and we are planning to have a kid. but i'm hesitating,as i don know what will happen next. Will my newborn child be a citizen or will need to deported back to malaysia? will someone out there pls advise me.

Thanking In Advance

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 1:58 pm

helpless wrote:hi ,

my wife have tendered her resignation..her last day at work will be on 31st Jan 2010.so what will happen next? will she be allowed in sg for long or juz on social pass?

and we are planning to have a kid. but i'm hesitating,as i don know what will happen next. Will my newborn child be a citizen or will need to deported back to malaysia? will someone out there pls advise me.

Thanking In Advance
I would contact ICA and explain your wife will stop work on the 31st of January, can you submit the application for LTVSP now.

I think you can apply 1 month before. Though ask ICA.
If you are a Singapore citizen your child will also be a Singapore citizen, if born in Singapore the child can remain in Singapore.

Though ensure registration takes place asap after birth.

helpless

Post by helpless » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 3:16 pm

hi ksl,

thks for valuable advice..for now to have a child,do u think it would affect or help me in anyway?coz i have already applied PR for my wife and stepson.Though the student pass is rejected,the PR status is pending..and to apply for LTVSP,i would need her num on the DE card, which she doen't have it.Coz it don't apply to foreigners working in sg..so how to go about it?

Thanking In advance

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 7:08 pm

helpless wrote:hi ksl,

thks for valuable advice..for now to have a child,do u think it would affect or help me in anyway?coz i have already applied PR for my wife and stepson.Though the student pass is rejected,the PR status is pending..and to apply for LTVSP,i would need her num on the DE card, which she doen't have it.Coz it don't apply to foreigners working in sg..so how to go about it?

Thanking In advance
To be honest if you haven't been married for a while 2 years at least, PR will be rejected.

If there are any PR's that have succeeded in getting PR status for spouse under 2 years, since September 09 we would like to hear from them though I doubt it unless they have exceptional qualifications.

Your child will be a Singapore citizen when born, so no problem there.

You certainly need to discuss with ICA if your wife has terminated S pass End of January. You have very little chance of PR in such a short time and your wife will need the LTVSP, she may have to return to homeland Country to fulfill the LTVSP criteria application as family, only ICA can clear this for you. She will be given a normal visit pass until the LTVSP is done, as she has been resident here, you both really need to speak with an officer at ICA. She will be allocated a FIN number for the LTSVP and your Identity will be sponsoring this application.

Not sure what the DE is, if it's to do with exit, then she must return home I would think before being processed for the LTVSP spouse scheme again, marriage doesn't guarantee entry to Singapore, it's an exception not the rule and a bad time for applying for anything to do with foreigners, unless they are very well endowed with talents the government is looking for.

Many Countries I know have the same rule as Singapore, that is to say if one gets married, the spouse is repatriated after giving up the work permit, then a family spouse application is made, through the immigration procedure, in Europe the waiting time is 3 months. I'm sure Singapore is more efficient and can complete the application in 30 days.

The whole frustration is bureaucracy, as they all feel the power they have and some use it, so be calm and polite!

helpless

Post by helpless » Tue, 04 Jan 2011 2:19 pm

hi ksl,

thks for the advice..will try it out and will update u guys shortly of the outcome..

helpless

helplesssss

Post by helpless » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 4:41 pm

hi everyone there,

Happy New Year to all.

juz an updates after so long..my stepson bilogical father refused to sign the waiver of his parental control rights.So now my only chances of legally adopting my step son in sg is near zero..

And by the way,my wife have terminated her work permit,so technically she is a homemaker now.Whom both my son and her are under social pass.

My friends out there,pls kindly advise me on my next course of action...

i really want them to be here in sg with me..but my wife and step son application of their LTVP kept getting rejected..haizzzzz...i really don knw what to do..pls help..

Thanking in advance

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: helplesssss

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 5:48 pm

helpless wrote:hi everyone there,

i really want them to be here in sg with me..but my wife and step son application of their LTVP kept getting rejected..haizzzzz...i really don knw what to do..pls help..

Thanking in advance
Helpless, As much as all of us want to help you out, we are neither the ICA nor MOM or any other agencies. We have cracked our brain juice for you to see and you have drank all the juices that we've got until nothing left to give.

On the hindsight , you outjumped KSL advice by telling your wife to resign. Now she has lost her WP. You should have get a written letter from ICA to stated that your wife LTSVP will be approve before you asked her to resign.
You did the opposite.
Best advice get ready to pack your bags and live with your wife and stepson on her country. Her SVP will run out soon and she will have to go back too. Sorry buddy no more juice to give
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

helpless

Post by helpless » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 7:21 pm

ms,

thks for ur advice

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 10 Feb 2011 9:08 pm

helpless wrote:ms,

thks for ur advice
I'm very sorry to hear your situation, your wife I believe will be sent back, before you can apply for the LTVSP for her now.
juz an updates after so long..my stepson bilogical father refused to sign the waiver of his parental control rights.So now my only chances of legally adopting my step son in sg is near zero..
The biological father doesn't have to waiver his rights, so you shouldn't have asked him to do that.

But work together with him, and ask him to allow the boy to study in Singapore, give him full access to the boy when he wants. I've been through these battles with my own ex wife, so I know about all the conflict you are having with the ex.

You have to smooth it all out, and hope he will work with you to give the boy the chance in Singapore, by allowing him full access and/or delivering the boy for his visits will help. The only other alternative is to move over the border, and you come to work everyday.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 11 Feb 2011 5:04 am

helpless wrote:ms,

thks for ur advice
Helpless

Read this . It may help your step son to study here

http://www.singaporeedu.gov.sg/htm/mis/faq01.htm . Once you have done that then you can apply for your wife READ

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=174

You must follow this step . I have gotten this from my mates in the agencies.

Do not go the other way around.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

helpless

Post by helpless » Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:29 pm

hi ms,

thks so much for that valuable info..but my step son is only 3yrs old..and for him to be enrolled into a childcare centre,he need a student pass..which i had applied 4 times,rejected 4 times..haizzz

hi ksl,

the problem i'm facing is not the father allowing my step son to study here or not..it's ICA!!they don allow my stepson to study here umless he had a valid student pass which they kept rejecting..and the easiest way for my step son to study and stay here is for me to legally adopt him which need the biological father to waive off his rights...and the second alternatives will be my wife to get a LTSVP on the ground that she is my spouse...then we can apply for my stepson on the ground that hios biological mum had a LTSVP...

and thks to the both of ur advise

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 11 Feb 2011 1:34 pm

I guess he's to young for a student pass, and the procedure now that your wife has finished work, will be repatriation. You then have the chance to fill in the application for LTVSP for your wife and stepson.

Of course rejection is normal if you do not qualify and understand the formal procedures for LTVSP application. You will also be better off having a letter from the biological father allowing the son out of the Country, to send with the application for LTVSP. Documentation must be counted for.

It is a very complexed procedure when you do not have full custody of the child, so any documents allowing you to take your step son to Singapore, will be in your favour. No documents will run against you, with Singapore thinking that the legal father will just reclaim his son, by kidnapping, or something silly, it is a thorn in the eyes of procedures. So work on getting a letter from the biological father to allow the boy to leave with his mother. Patience, if all fails just move across the border.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 11 Feb 2011 4:46 pm

SG did not sign and not a party to the Adoption Treaty

http://adoption.about.com/od/internatio ... thague.htm

Hence there will no legal issue of kidnapping or warrants issued on helpless if the child is brought out of the country. The issue right now is you cannot adopt him legally in SG. If you can all other issues like LTSVP will be OK.
The next issue is biological mother is still alive hence ICA views that child interest will be best served under the care of the mother.
Here is the twist, your wife is legally married to you but she does not hold LTSVP.
Therefore is a chicken and egg issue. Which one should come first ?

Honestly I do not know. I thought I found the solution for you but I failed.

I must now crawl back into my cave and meditate. Sorry helpess, I tried