Singapore Expats

dilemna..plssss help

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
helpless

dilemna..plssss help

Post by helpless » Wed, 15 Dec 2010 9:00 pm

hi everyone,i'm new here..pls do guide me along..

out of desperation,i decided to post here so i hope miracle will happen..

i'm married to a WP(malaysian) recently,whom is a divorcee with a child of 3yrs old..I tried applying student pass for my stepson but was rejected 4 times..I went to the MP twice to appeal and ICA did reply back stating the status Pending thru ienquiry,but after sometime I was rejected again..I'm at my wits end now.coz i need to send my stepson back to malaysia..and according to ICA,i can only bring him back after 30 days..Friends out there,wat do u tink it cause all this rejection?is it becoz my wife is a WP?

I submitted watever doc ICA required..juz short of NOA for 2008 and 2009..coz I'm incarcerated..currently I'm comanding a pay of $10k,i even submit my past one yr cpf..so can someone pls help me wat??wat should be the best course of action take??sori if i miss out any imp details..feel free to ask...thks in advance

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:04 pm

a) Did you get permission to marry the WP holder?
b) Why are you incarcerated, ie, in prison?
c) $10,000 per month? Per year?
d) Are your English skills better than what is suggested by your post?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: dilemna..plssss help

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:14 pm

helpless wrote:hi everyone,i'm new here..pls do guide me along..

out of desperation,i decided to post here so i hope miracle will happen..

i'm married to a WP(malaysian) recently,whom is a divorcee with a child of 3yrs old..I tried applying student pass for my stepson but was rejected 4 times..I went to the MP twice to appeal and ICA did reply back stating the status Pending thru ienquiry,but after sometime I was rejected again..I'm at my wits end now.coz i need to send my stepson back to malaysia..and according to ICA,i can only bring him back after 30 days..Friends out there,wat do u tink it cause all this rejection?is it becoz my wife is a WP?

Did you and your wife get permission from the MOM BEFORE you got married? If not, you are going to be in for a rough time as MOM is very unforgiving.

I submitted watever doc ICA required..juz short of NOA for 2008 and 2009..coz I'm incarcerated..currently I'm comanding a pay of $10k,i even submit my past one yr cpf..so can someone pls help me wat??wat should be the best course of action take??sori if i miss out any imp details..feel free to ask...thks in advance

You state your current salary is $10K. Is that per year or per month? If it's per month, you should have too much problem but if it only 850-1000/month you will not be able to support the child in ICA's eyes. You will need at least an income of 2000/mo (I heard it is actually 2500/mo) before they will allow the child to have any sort of long term visa.

In fact, if you didn't ask for permission from MOM before marrying the girl, once her work permit expires, she also will probably be refused a long term visa (My nephew has been battling that for the past 2 years with no relief yet). I wish I had better news, but unless you can pull a rabbit out of a hat like a magician, it's going to be rough and may well get rougher.
sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 3:29 am

helpless wrote:
I submitted watever doc ICA required..juz short of NOA for 2008 and 2009..coz I'm incarcerated..
Are you telling us you did not inform ICA about your Notice of Arrest . What crime did you do? Petty or Serious and how long for?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:27 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
helpless wrote:
I submitted watever doc ICA required..juz short of NOA for 2008 and 2009..coz I'm incarcerated..
Are you telling us you did not inform ICA about your Notice of Arrest . What crime did you do? Petty or Serious and how long for?
Is NOA Notice of Assessment for Income Tax?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:13 pm

From the text of the post, that is what I would think, "Notice of Assessment"
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:29 pm

IRD : Notice of Assessment
Port: Notice of Arrival
Police: Notice of Arrest
ME: NOAH ON ARK :P
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

helpless

Post by helpless » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 2:32 pm

a) Did you get permission to marry the WP holder?
b) Why are you incarcerated, ie, in prison?
c) $10,000 per month? Per year?
d) Are your English skills better than what is suggested by your post?

Hi,this is my reply,

a.)yes..and we gt the letter of approval from MOM and we submitted to ICA.And still gt rejected.
b.)yes in prison..due to gang-related and drugs-related offences when I'm young.
c.)$10K/mth
d.)my english is juz tat so so which is as suggested by my post..thks

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 3:10 pm

helpless wrote:
Hi,this is my reply,

a.)yes..and we gt the letter of approval from MOM and we submitted to ICA.And still gt rejected.
b.)yes in prison..due to gang-related and drugs-related offences when I'm young.
c.)$10K/mth
d.)my english is juz tat so so which is as suggested by my post..thks
Did your wife commit any crime like illegal working for someone while holding WP on another job?
Did you submit your income tax to ICA to prove your income.
I think ICA knows that your wife did something which might lead to rejection on LTSVP

helpless

Post by helpless » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 5:33 pm

hi..

firstly,my wife did not commit any offences in sg no either in malaysia..and i did sbmit my income tax and payslip everything to ICA.and yst I got rejected for my stepson student pass and LTSVP for him aso got rejected..as for my wife i can?t apply LTSVP for her coz she is a WP nw..no option to apply for now..So my friends out there,any advice as in how to get thru all this??Thanking in advance

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 5:39 pm

I'm kinda curious what kind of job people can get that pays 10K a month after spending the last 2 years in prison for being a gangster, there sure must be a lot of forgiving employers out there!

helpless

Post by helpless » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 7:07 pm

u can,if u have the capability...anyway that's wat yellow ribbon project is all about...jaycee

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:49 am

I see many uneducated people in Singapore, that have exceptional skills, when it comes to sales, I have even tried to recruit them without luck! They are normally working for themselves and are taking home 5 or 6k a month, based on a fixed wage plus commission. These guys know they are good!

I think the yellow ribbon project is a good kick start for people that have been unfortunate to drift onto the wrong side of the law.

Though 10K a month is a lot of money that only a selected few people enjoy even in management, and it would take them a few years of experience to get up there!

I would believe that you maybe still being monitored and that time is only a matter of waiting, you should maybe discuss with your local MP if they can help you compose an appeal letter for your stepson.

Your wife cannot get LTVSP if on a work permit, only when the work permit runs out.

I can see that the problem of your wife on work permit is the real problem as work permit holders are not allowed dependants as far as i can remember, so this is a bureaucratic procedures that are disallowing your wife and stepson. Like a catch 22, your wife may have to give her work permit up possibly return to Malaysia and re-enter as a wife and child to qualify has your wife and dependant. The fact she is working on the same work permit while she married I believe is the problem, even though MOM allows you to marry. ICA do not have to agree with MOM as they are two separate departments and the work permit is blocking ICA from allowing dependants into Singapore, while she is on the work permit. complicated bureaucracy.

My suggestion if you are financially sound, is to give up the work permit let her return to Malaysia and apply for the LTVSP for her and her son. If possible talk with her employer, who may still give her, her job back on return, though after she gets the LTVSP, she can apply for a new S pass or work permit, as your wife, she will be granted entry. It's better to sit down with ICA and discuss this route, they may tell you the truth or may say nothing. But I believe they are helpful, but cannot break procedures even in your case as a Singaporean. Don't forget if you haven't been married long, this may also go against you too.

Mention what i told you, to ICA, and ask them if it will help to give up your wifes work permit send her home and reapply for LTVSP for your wife and stepson. the step son will also need fathers approval to leave Malaysia for Singapore. ICA will not let the boy in without his fathers permission, even if she is married again.

http://www.yellowribbon.org.sg/

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:00 pm

helpless wrote:u can,if u have the capability...anyway that's wat yellow ribbon project is all about...jaycee
I guess so, just wasn't aware that the yellow ribbon project had such pull that it could get people 10K a month jobs, and your writing skills didn't really give the impression that you'd be able to make that kind of level.

Anyway, clearly you must be doing well in whatever it is you do so good luck to you

helpless

Post by helpless » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 3:32 pm

hi ksl,
my wife has the full custody,care and control of her son..but have to give reasonable acess to the father..so wat does tis means?will the student pass or LTSVP be affected in anyway?and i have look for my MP twice and she appeal to ICA on my behalf..but got rejected both times..and thks for ur advice..deeply appreciated.

hi jaycee,

is it eating into u that with such "good" writing skills u have and u can't holds a job that pay u $10K like me?anyway it doesn't takes great writing skills or to speak perfectly fluent english to sell a product..though i speak so so english and mandarin,i still get the message across coz most of clients if not all understand what i'm saying and that's y there's a deal..it's juz like u don need a class 3 license to drive a bike in Singapore..Understand?anyway if u have any solution to help me in my current suitation do post it,I will be very grateful..if not thks but no thks u can keep ur two cents worth of comments to yourself and continue lamenting about the $10K pay issue..coz i reali don have time for all this debate.