Singapore Expats

dilemna..plssss help

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 4:09 pm

helpless wrote:hi jaycee,

is it eating into u that with such "good" writing skills u have and u can't holds a job that pay u $10K like me?anyway it doesn't takes great writing skills or to speak perfectly fluent english to sell a product..though i speak so so english and mandarin,i still get the message across coz most of clients if not all understand what i'm saying and that's y there's a deal..it's juz like u don need a class 3 license to drive a bike in Singapore..Understand?anyway if u have any solution to help me in my current suitation do post it,I will be very grateful..if not thks but no thks u can keep ur two cents worth of comments to yourself and continue lamenting about the $10K pay issue..coz i reali don have time for all this debate.
No need to get pissy and spend 20 minutes writing a reply, I was only making a comment, I didn't insult you anywhere and only repeated a point that the first reply made. Unfortunatly I can't help in your predicament, but this is an open forum so if you're so sensitive maybe you shouldn't have posted

Nope, it doesn't bother me that you make 10K at all, it's just that in a place like Singapore where people seem to be pidgeon-holed so easily, I was surprised (and impressed) that an ex-con was doing, or was granted the opportunity to do, so well. As I said good luck to you, and no I'm not jealous

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 4:43 pm

helpless wrote:hi ksl,
my wife has the full custody,care and control of her son..but have to give reasonable acess to the father..so wat does tis means?will the student pass or LTSVP be affected in anyway?and i have look for my MP twice and she appeal to ICA on my behalf..but got rejected both times..and thks for ur advice..deeply appreciated.
Helpless

I took the liberty of checking around.
Follow what KSL said before, your wife must change her pass to S Pass or above OR returned her WP then apply under LTSVP. This LTSVP is subject to scrutiny and it is not a 100% sure thing. It all depends on the docs you supplied, your income etc.....
Cross border migration of single parent of a child/children to a adopted or step mother/father into Singapore is NOT subject to International. Hague Treaty
This means your wife must get full custodial rights of your stepson and you and her are joint custodial guardian/parent. You can do this thru a Public Notary in Malaysia(English statement). His dad must give the full custodial rights to your wife and yourself per se.
This may tilt the balance of scale towards you. Read this

RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS: Under Singaporean law, prospective adoptive parents must be residents of Singapore and have legal immigration status, an employment pass or permanent residency.
AGE REQUIREMENTS: Prospective adoptive parents must be at least 25 years of age. They must also be at least 21 years older than the child they plan to adopt. These age restrictions may be waived in certain circumstances, including if there is a blood relationship between the child and the prospective parent(s).
MARRIAGE REQUIREMENTS: Married couples must adopt jointly unless the non-adopting spouse cannot be found, is unable to give consent, or is separated from the adopting spouse and the separation is likely to become permanent. Single men may not adopt female children except in rare cases as determined by the court.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

helpless

Post by helpless » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 1:10 pm

hi mad scientist,

thks so much for ur advice..but there are some parts there i don understand. (Cross border migration of single parent of a child/children to a adopted or step mother/father into Singapore is NOT subject to International. Hague Treaty). what does this means?

and my wife have the full custody ,care and control..so does this means she got the full custodial rights over her child?

and can u help me understand better as in how to go about to do the noatary public and base on what grounds to do this?

thanking in advance

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 2:10 pm

helpless wrote:hi mad scientist,

thks so much for ur advice..but there are some parts there i don understand. (Cross border migration of single parent of a child/children to a adopted or step mother/father into Singapore is NOT subject to International. Hague Treaty). what does this means?

It means anything happen in one country on who has the custody of the child, if they are in Singapore and if there is any legal custodial issues, SG Law does not have to honour any extradition treaty from overseas since SG did not signed to that treaty.

and my wife have the full custody ,care and control..so does this means she got the full custodial rights over her child?

Yes but it must be in writing. Legal consent and guardian for both of you.

and can u help me understand better as in how to go about to do the noatary public and base on what grounds to do this?

A public notary can be use to explicitly said both of you have the legal rights and guardian of the child and the biological father has given full consent to that effect. GO and look any lawyer that holds the title Public Notary to their credential.
Please remember it does not mean that your stepson student visa or LTSVP will be approved but at least this issue will not be question by ICA and hopefully this is the only concerns they have.
If you have submitted Income TAx return and you have a declared income of $10K , follow KSL suggestion. Make sure you get in writing from ICA if they agreed to what KSL suggested.
Good Luck and hope this helps

thanking in advance
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

helpless

Post by helpless » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 2:52 pm

hi mad scientist,

my wife have full custodail rights which is ordered by the court of malaysia.she have the docs to prove that and i have submitted it to ICA already..but there's a clause that state to give reasonable access to the father..so does it means anything if she is in sg?

as for the biological father to gv consent for me to be a legal guardian,i don tink it's easy coz of his ego...anyway for ur info,i knew my wife after they had been divorced for a year or two..so any helpful suggestions?

and i have applied PR my wife and child,it's still in processing..do update me if there's any new advice

thanking in advance

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 3:14 pm

my wife have full custodail rights which is ordered by the court of malaysia.she have the docs to prove that and i have submitted it to ICA already..but there's a clause that state to give reasonable access to the father..so does it means anything if she is in sg?

Legal access only curtails to Malaysia. Has no bearing here in SG

as for the biological father to gv consent for me to be a legal guardian,i don tink it's easy coz of his ego...anyway for ur info,i knew my wife after they had been divorced for a year or two..so any helpful suggestions?

I worry if this is the issue ICA reject your stepson student visa or LTSVP. I also worry if your criminal past has an issue to this rejection. Personally it should not be the case as it only looks at your income which must be more than $2.5K per month in order for you to be able to support your wife which you qualifies and you have a stable income and declared your income tax. As she has no criminal offenses, I fail to finger why this rejection is issued to you.

and i have applied PR my wife and child,it's still in processing..do update me if there's any new advice

PR will not be easy nowadays. It does not mean if your wife married to a Sger , she and her son is entitled to PR . Not as easy one may thinks.
Personally try to get LTSVP first for her and your stepson.
Look up into ICA website www.ica.gov.sg for LTSVP pass under spouse and child under 21.
If this fails try to get short stay visa for them for 6 months and re appeal your case. Do not give up.

thanking in advance

helpless

Post by helpless » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 1:01 pm

hi mad scientist,

Once again ,the appeal thru the MP for my child student pass got rejected once again. This is the 3rd time thru the MP that got rejected. I'm really at a loss what to do any further. My child had to be sent back to malaysia in a week coz his social pass expired.

My wife had tendered her resignation so i hope when she come back to sg,i wou;d be able to get LTSVP for her like u had suggested. For now, do update me for any new advice.

Thanking in advance

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 3:50 pm

Once again ,the appeal thru the MP for my child student pass got rejected once again. This is the 3rd time thru the MP that got rejected. I'm really at a loss what to do any further. My child had to be sent back to malaysia in a week coz his social pass expired.

My wife had tendered her resignation so i hope when she come back to sg,i wou;d be able to get LTSVP for her like u had suggested. For now, do update me for any new advice.

Thanking in advance
Ensure you get a document from the boys father allowing the wife to take the boy to Singapore, also ensure the work permit gets cancelled properly. Before applying for the LTVSP for wife and boy at the same time.

You should have checked with ICA before your wife tendered her resignation, to see if this way would help your situation, though it's too late now, if you haven't.

helpless

Post by helpless » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 4:10 pm

hi ksl,

I did went to ICA with my wife before to enquire what is the reason for the rejection..And after waiting for almost 2hrs, I managed to see an officer in the interview room..And guess what she say?

If there's no remarks in ienquiry neither there's any reason stated in the letter from ICA to me,then it's a information that is confidential that is not supposed to be disclose to me..after 2 hrs this is what i get..

And what exactly the letter need to be stated from the father?though I tink it's quite difficult on that..anyway thks for ur valuable advice..

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 19 Dec 2010 4:51 pm

MS:This means your wife must get full custodial rights of your stepson and you and her are joint custodial guardian/parent. You can do this thru a Public Notary in Malaysia(English statement). His dad must give the full custodial rights to your wife and yourself per se.
This may tilt the balance of scale towards you. Read this
I think you may have to prove your wife has full custodial rights for the boy, a Malaysian solicitor can help you sort these problems out.

If the father has joint rights which may have been ordered by the Courts at the time of divorce. or if the father is contributing to the child's welfare again by a court order, it will show if custody of the child is shared by the father or solely by the mother.

You will need the fathers permission to take the boy out of Malaysia on a permanent basis if custody is shared. If the boys father is unwilling, you can apply to the Malaysian court through a solicitor to take the boy, as it would be in the boys best interest. Now that you are both married, though access to the boy may still be allowed to the father under the Malaysian Court even though they authorise the mother to take the boy out, reasonable access maybe made for the father to visit. Hope all goes well for you!

helpless

Post by helpless » Wed, 22 Dec 2010 3:30 pm

hi Ksl,

my wife have the full care,control and custody of the child.It's stated in the legal docs issued by the high court of malaysia(coz they are malaysian),and the court ordered the father to give 500 ringgits as maintenance fee monthly..as for the money,my wife kept it in her account which she intend to return him..and some of my friends advise me to speak to my wife to ask my son biological father to waive off his parental control rights..so what does this actually helps?and how shld we go about it? my son will be sent back 2days ltr to malaysia..for now, i can't do anything about it, even though how sad we are..so pls kindly advise me on my next course of action?

ps : i juz received a letter to state the rejection of the student pass officially..and i intend to see my MP once agin for the 3rd time..what u think?

thanking in advance

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 23 Dec 2010 6:58 am

@Helpless

I am not sure if this works anyway give it a try. Since I believe you income is able to support this move.
Apply through be it neigbourhood or International School as an international student under the school for sutdent visa for your stepson on the purview of enrolling into that school. I think this might work. Of course you have to fork out an arm and a leg but at least he will be with you in Singapore. Think it over and see if this is feasible
Good Luck, you need alot of it

ms

helpless

Post by helpless » Thu, 23 Dec 2010 1:15 pm

hi ms,

may i knw how am i going to do it?coz a neighbour childcare centre is willing to take my step-son..and i have paid for the registration fees.and with their letter of acceptance, i applied to ICA for the pass, but got rejected again and again..for now,the school still had a place for him..so can u advise me how to apply as a international student?

Thanking in Advance

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 23 Dec 2010 3:43 pm

This is what I know. Some semi government schools, International Schools and neighbourhood school accept international student as the fees will be an arm and a leg compare to locals or PRs.
They will help you to apply for student visa. Your wife as a study mama. Check with the school. NOT PRESCHOOL.
I may be wrong if this practise is no longer available but back then it is a common practise

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Thu, 23 Dec 2010 4:56 pm

Yes I agree with MS if the age of the boy is good, International School application is a different visa status. Though wait until your wife gets LTVSP first and your son is rejected, after she gets the LTVSP. The son will probably always be rejected if the mother doesn't have LTVSP.

Also your wife should not return the money paid for the child maintenance, put the money away for the childs schooling and show the ex father that you are doing just that, you will give the father a sense of appreciation and i'm sure he will still feel apart of the bonding too his son.

This is very important to take other peoples feelings into consideration, so let the son have his own bank account so the alimony can be seen to grow for his future education, his father will feel more relaxed and willing.

The mother however will lose the amount of alimony paid to keep her, when she remarries and child support will continue, If the father has any financial difficulty, explain to him that he doesn't have to pay if he cannot afford it, just pay what he can into the boys education account when he can. ensure that he gets some kind of signature for the amounts paid so, that he doesn't feel that he's going to be ripped off. Also ensure he gets permission from you for any amounts not paid. This will clear any legal claim against him for failure of payment. Work together for the sake of the son and the father, his son will appreciat it has he grows up.

The worst thing for any male is to pay alimony, to the mother, only for the money to be spent on herself and not the children, think about it carefully as this happens more than you would ever realise, and the child ends up with nothing, education is everything for the childs security and welfare when growing up. Singapore laws are very different to Malaysia and access to the child will be under Sg once they become resident, however give the father a letter, allowing him access to the child anytime, he feel more accepted. Though this isn't a guarantee Singapore will allow him in to visit the child.

My point is to work with him rather than against him for the benefit of good relations. One must accept that first husbands and families remain a part of your life now, and entitled to see their grandchild when possible
, work together and you will all be fine.

I think if you offer the ex father the choice of becoming involved in his sons future is a very important step for him and the son, especially when the child is older.....I'm quite positive all will work out well, it just takes time on immigrations side, I think there is a technical problem some where, I just haven't figured it out, it maybe a waiting period of marriage before on LTVSP, as I am sure the work permit is blocking any dependant, so I wouldn't bother applying for the son until your wife has the LTVSP include the sons details on her application if this is a requirement. Good luck