Page 1 of 2

Best way to renew EP?

Posted: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 9:21 pm
by stiwi
I applied for EP & DP 1 year ago upon a standard package provided by one of the incorporation agencies. The EP & DP fees were $1000 and $800 respectively.

Since the passes were issued for 12 months, I received a letter now in order to renew them. And now I am wondering which is the best way to do that:

1. Through the incorporation agency, renewal costs are $500 per applicant.
2. Through EPOL myself.

Do I have to fill the EP & DP application documents again or it is just a matter of "few clicks"?

Please advise and share your experiences.

Posted: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 9:53 pm
by carlsum1986
what are incorporation agencies?
I am curious and can you share some info?

Posted: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 9:58 pm
by stiwi
carlsum1986 wrote:what are incorporation agencies?
I am curious and can you share some info?


I meant the companies which can help you to setup your business, e.g. ..

Posted: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:02 pm
by singaporeflyer
stiwi wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:what are incorporation agencies?
I am curious and can you share some info?


I meant the companies which can help you to setup your business, e.g. ..


1. I assume that it is your company (since you said setup your business).

2. Do you have access to Employment Pass online ? (EPOL)?

3. If yes EP Renewal is a very simple process. Just reconfirm certain personal particulars of you / wife and then update few fields and submit it

Has to be done carefully but fairly simple. On the safer side do this before atleast a month from the date of expiry of EP/DP

SF

Posted: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:08 pm
by stiwi
singaporeflyer wrote:1. I assume that it is your company (since you said setup your business).

2. Do you have access to Employment Pass online ? (EPOL)?

3. If yes EP Renewal is a very simple process. Just reconfirm certain personal particulars of you / wife and then update few fields and submit it

Has to be done carefully but fairly simple. On the safer side do this before atleast a month from the date of expiry of EP/DP

SF


1. Yes, the company is mine.
2. I don't have an access to EPOL yet.
3. So when I sign up for EPOL, I will see the details of my current EP and will be able to renew it hassle-free?

My pass is still valid for more than 2 months, so this should not be an issue.

Posted: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:20 pm
by sundaymorningstaple
Even if it's not up yet (EPOL) you do not need to have an agency to file it for you. Do it yourself and file it manually. It's easy as long as you take your time and read each line carefully. Save yourself some money. Companies like . suck your blood for 10 minutes of work (which you do and not them) 5 minutes of work by them filing out the form online.

Posted: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:40 pm
by singaporeflyer
stiwi wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:1. I assume that it is your company (since you said setup your business).

2. Do you have access to Employment Pass online ? (EPOL)?

3. If yes EP Renewal is a very simple process. Just reconfirm certain personal particulars of you / wife and then update few fields and submit it

Has to be done carefully but fairly simple. On the safer side do this before atleast a month from the date of expiry of EP/DP

SF


1. Yes, the company is mine.
2. I don't have an access to EPOL yet.
3. So when I sign up for EPOL, I will see the details of my current EP and will be able to renew it hassle-free?

My pass is still valid for more than 2 months, so this should not be an issue.



You can sign up for EPOL and can do it online or also do it manually like what SMS said.

Posted: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:56 pm
by stiwi
Thanks guys. I will follow your advice.

Posted: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 1:37 pm
by stiwi
One more thing. I logged in to EPOL and tried to register my company for this service. However I received an error that my company is already registered for this service.

That would be fine, but I can't see any operating related options for the passes under my EPOL account, therefore I am unable to fill the renewal form. Is it because I am not the admin user?

Posted: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 1:54 pm
by Strong Eagle
So... you are logging in with your Singpass... and on the left side (the menu options), you do not have a renew? In that case, someone does need to be set up as authorized.

Posted: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 2:02 pm
by stiwi
Strong Eagle wrote:So... you are logging in with your Singpass... and on the left side (the menu options), you do not have a renew? In that case, someone does need to be set up as authorized.


Exactly as you say. MOM on their website states that Admin user process all operational stuff on behalf of others + he can grant an access to maximum 5 users. But MOM doesn't specify of what users can do and if they have the same privileges as Admin user.

Posted: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 2:10 pm
by Strong Eagle
stiwi wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:So... you are logging in with your Singpass... and on the left side (the menu options), you do not have a renew? In that case, someone does need to be set up as authorized.


Exactly as you say. MOM on their website states that Admin user process all operational stuff on behalf of others + he can grant an access to maximum 5 users. But MOM doesn't specify of what users can do and if they have the same privileges as Admin user.


I had to go through some written form rigamorole with MOM before I had full access.

Posted: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 3:11 pm
by sundaymorningstaple
I believe this is the form you are talking about.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/service ... ompile.pdf

I've had to file them a number of times considering I do 5 companies here and I'm linked to all of them as the Admin User.

Posted: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 5:05 pm
by stiwi
You had both right. This can be done through the form manually if your company has already been linked to someone else Singpass or the current admin user can do this for you with few clicks.

Thanks.

Posted: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 2:22 pm
by stiwi
Just wanted to update on this.
I applied on 22th of December and got EP & DP approval on 29th! I was surprised, considering that 1st time application process took 2 months.

Renewing through EPOL was very straight forward process, few clicks to basically re-confirm the inputs from the 1st EP application and that's it.