Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application-opinions welcome

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jmr0505

PR Application-opinions welcome

Postby jmr0505 » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 2:35 pm

After reading so many rejection cases, I became very concerned about my PR application.
I am Chinese female. First came to SG 10 years ago(SG MOE scholarship), studied here for 4 years. After Junior College, I went to US for university. I have bachelor and master degrees (in econ and finance) from top US universities, and just came back in July. I started working in Nov, on Q pass, for a govt stat board.
I am married to a Chinese, from similar background. He is a govt scholar, alr a PR, applying for citizen now. We were married in Sept.

I have a few qns regarding PR app.
1) Since I just started working, can I apply now? Do I have to or should I wait for some time?
2) How long do I have to wait before re-applying if I got rejected?
3) What chance do I stand at getting approved?

Thanks for your input.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 2:45 pm

I, frankly, don't think you will have any problems at all. In fact you will be a shoe-in. You and your husband are highly educated and of the privileged race here to help uphold the majority numbers and who knows, maybe even contribute to the gene pool here by having offspring. They will probably roll out the red carpet for you. In your case, it's doubtful that they will even raise an eyebrow at the recent marriage as well. Good luck.