Singapore Expats Forum

Girls Bars at Tanjong Pagar

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

brisa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 14 Dec 2010
Location: Singapore

Girls Bars at Tanjong Pagar

Postby brisa » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:55 am

Hi there, I am a married female expat I just need to ask male expats out there for information about Tanjong Pagar girly bars.
Anyway, let me get to the point. What exactly do men do at those bars? Do the girls approach the costumers just to chat or the initial approach is already very intimate?
Sorry, I just need some help ...I found evidence of something and I need to make a decision and your insight could help me understand....
thanks a lot

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:18 pm

The girls make their money by convincing patrons to buy them high priced drinks. Some of the ladies will flirt but not much more. Others, especially late in the evening, are willing to play feely games to keep their customers 'engaged'.

Some are also willing to go to a hotel, but usually after closing time, and it is different than in Bangkok, say, where you can pay a bar fine and take the lady at any time. These ladies are employed to sell drinks, and are generally expected to stay until closing time.

It also depends to some degree on the establishment where they are working. Some don't put up with much hanky panky, others just look the other way. There has been a crackdown lately, and many of the more 'liberal' establishments are out of business.
Last edited by Strong Eagle on Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:28 pm

I'm itching to find out what she discovered evidence of :lol:

If you found out that hubby/bf went for a few after work drinks with friends to one of these places I wouldn't worry too much, most are quite tame and just want them to buy a few drinks nothing more

If he went to Geylang on the other hand...

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9164
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:40 pm

I went to Geylang and bough my backup, 2nd hand laptop over there. Does it count? :)

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:43 pm

My company here had me live there (Geylang area) for ten days. Also I had some yummy beef kway teow there several months after that :D

Also, Tanjong Pagar has a store that sells some nice sizzling sisig. Goes well with beer.
Last edited by nakatago on Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:46 pm

JayCee wrote:I'm itching to find out what she discovered evidence of :lol:

If you found out that hubby/bf went for a few after work drinks with friends to one of these places I wouldn't worry too much, most are quite tame and just want them to buy a few drinks nothing more

If he went to Geylang on the other hand...


It's the four floors you have to watch out for... although Naughty Girl is mostly an eye candy place.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:47 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
JayCee wrote:I'm itching to find out what she discovered evidence of :lol:

If you found out that hubby/bf went for a few after work drinks with friends to one of these places I wouldn't worry too much, most are quite tame and just want them to buy a few drinks nothing more

If he went to Geylang on the other hand...


It's the four floors you have to watch out for... although Naughty Girl is mostly an eye candy place.


I am amazed by SE's wealth of knowledge regarding these things. :P

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:51 pm

nakatago wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
JayCee wrote:I'm itching to find out what she discovered evidence of :lol:

If you found out that hubby/bf went for a few after work drinks with friends to one of these places I wouldn't worry too much, most are quite tame and just want them to buy a few drinks nothing more

If he went to Geylang on the other hand...


It's the four floors you have to watch out for... although Naughty Girl is mostly an eye candy place.


I am amazed by SE's wealth of knowledge regarding these things. :P


ONLY because I have taken many clients and friends out on the town!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:53 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:ONLY because I have taken many clients and friends out on the town!


Ok, if you say so. At least OP can have confidence in the veracity of your advice. :cool:

brisa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 14 Dec 2010
Location: Singapore

it is good to know

Postby brisa » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks for the info. Yes, I found evidence that my husband went to two of those bars after a happy hour. This is causing a lot of suffering...sorry, I am not always a very gloomy person but the news of my husband going to those bars has shaken me my core.
If possible, do you have any specific information about Duxton@25?
Thanks again!
curious, that's all.

cookie09
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 05 Dec 2010

Postby cookie09 » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 1:06 pm

http://www.slide.com/r/BXw9YEcd7T9o5G_E ... ap=2&cy=wp

some people go for christmas party there

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: it is good to know

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 1:11 pm

brisa wrote:Thanks for the info. Yes, I found evidence that my husband went to two of those bars after a happy hour. This is causing a lot of suffering...sorry, I am not always a very gloomy person but the news of my husband going to those bars has shaken me my core.
If possible, do you have any specific information about Duxton@25?
Thanks again!


Brisa, it's like this. In Singapore, if one wants to get into 'trouble' it is possible to do it virtually anywhere. Massage parlors with happy endings abound in every part of the city. Karaoke joints loaded with ladies to help you 'sing'. Lots of amateur girls from Vietnam, Thailand, China who don't see a thing wrong with making a few bucks and enjoying it.

That he went to one of these bars means nothing, other than being surrounded by lovelies who all say, in broken English, "Oh, you so hansum," in the hopes of getting the sap to buy another $30 watered down vodka tonic. And if someone is actually crazy enough to buy a $30 drink, there will then be six or eight ladies crowded around, all wanting a drink. Now the main problem becomes being loaded with perfume and lipstick smears on your clothing as they all clamor for a drink.

Not to say that you can't get into trouble if you really want to... just that if it is sex that one is after, there are easier, cheaper, and more discrete ways than hanging around in a bar at Tanjong Pagar. If you ask me, it's about the same difference as going to a strip joint in the US. Eye candy.

Don't take my word for it... go see for yourself. Women and couples frequent the bars as well.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 1:23 pm

^^^^^
+1

brisa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 14 Dec 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby brisa » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 1:52 pm

sorry guys, although I know that guys will always be guys I am a bit old fashion when it comes down to marital vows. I believe that 'something' made him decide to go to those places. I am trying to understand what that 'something' is...he is a very intelligent and good looking man. He is married to an intelligent and good looking woman (not a fat, frustrated housewife – but that’s should not be a excuse too). Anyway, we both work and we have a beautiful young family...what is that the 'something'? Lust? I don't want a partner that can be THAT shallow.
:(
curious, that's all.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 1:58 pm

Why don't you ask him? Exercise tact, prudence and diplomacy, of course.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests