Singapore Expats

About school consent forms

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Parted

About school consent forms

Post by Parted » Fri, 10 Dec 2010 8:47 pm

Hello to all. May I ask at what age is one not required to be given consent from parents regarding out-of-school educational trips and activities? Is there such a law that requires informed consent of parents for students? Thanks.

boffenl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boffenl » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 9:36 pm

That's a great question. I doubt there is a law here in SG relating to that. My daughter is just getting ready to start P4, and we have been informed of extra classes and activities. There is always an option to say "No". Hope someone who knows for sure answers!

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by k1w1 » Fri, 31 Dec 2010 4:55 am

Are you asking at what age can kids go on a trip without parental consent? School children are minors. Parents need to be informed and give their consent before you can take kids anywhere.

Schools have insurance to cover off-campus sports days etc, but the rest of the time, consent is needed so the school doesn't get sued or held liable should something go wrong.

Parted

Post by Parted » Fri, 31 Dec 2010 9:43 pm

Are you asking at what age can kids go on a trip without parental consent? School children are minors.
I'm pretty certain its below 21, however correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't know that was related to school consent forms.. ! :oops:

It's just too tedious a process for me (limited time at home during weekdays), all for the sake of the school's protection against legal actions.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Happy new year everyone!