Singapore Expats Forum

who's going to THE NATIONAL concert on Mar 15th?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club

arpeggi

Postby arpeggi » Wed, 26 Jan 2011 1:14 pm

IM IN! :D

jetaway

Postby jetaway » Fri, 28 Jan 2011 4:48 pm

I love this band! I am certainly in.

paulineinsingapore

Postby paulineinsingapore » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 2:17 pm

Am going too!
I am so excited to see them.
And I alawys believe people who like the same amazingly talented bands should have lots in common.
I am new to Singapore and trying to meet people who could like the same things as I do.
So anyone interested in going out and having a drink this week?
Cheers
Pauline

Tableturner

Postby Tableturner » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 8:25 pm

I'm in too!!

Tableturner

Postby Tableturner » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 8:26 pm

Anyone who doesn't have anyone to go with like to form a lil group to go together with?

kimotherapy

Postby kimotherapy » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:12 am

Not gonna miss the world for this!!
Will be going for Joanna Newsom as well.
Anyone going for that?

Many shows coming up.
MGMT and The Whitest Boy Alive
Stone Temple Pilots
Slash
Iron Maiden 15 feb

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:27 am

oh my i almost forget about this thread i thought nobody interested!!
anyways i got the ticket for row 2 in the center which's pretty close to the stage!!
we should meet up soonnnnn!!

btw I'm gonna interview the band as well:)

kimotherapy

Postby kimotherapy » Mon, 14 Feb 2011 4:04 pm

wow lucky u! get to interview the band!! What magazine are u writing for?
I think I'm at row 4 or 5. so pretty close u.
yeah, sure. can meet up. Drop me a PM with your contact.
Cos I can't PM u yet. still a newbie here. LOL

ekruger

the national coming 6th of November!

Postby ekruger » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 2:27 pm

Hey all,
Just stumbled on this post. The national cancelled their original concert, but they're coming back on the 6th of November! I'm very excited, they were one of my favourite bands until I saw them live at Coachella this year, after which they became my Favourite Band. I can't wait to see them again! Definitely keen to organise meeting up with some fellow national fans for the concert if anyone is still interested?

I am only a recent arrival in Singapore (after travelling the Americas for a year, originally from Aus) and am keen to get into the indie music scene, but I haven't been able to find much here yet! Please contact me and let me know if you know any fun events/bands/bars where I can go. Looking to meet some new friends in the city too.

Angeljoy, will you still be interviewing the band when they arrive? If this is the case, I think you might be my new best friend :D Also looks like you're from Chicago? I studied at U of I for a semester last year!

Cheers, Eliza.

Cian

The National

Postby Cian » Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:48 pm

Hey Eliza,

Also stumbled upon this post today, definately interested in getting together with fellow fans for the gig, I absolutely love the National and been pining to seem them for ages.

Quite new to singapore too, originally from ireland, up for checking out new bands / bars etc also. Would be awesome to get some backstage info via Angeljoy if you're interviewing the band this time around? :)

Cheers,
Cian

ekruger

Postby ekruger » Tue, 16 Aug 2011 3:26 pm

Massive fan of the national, they were amazing live when I saw them, can't wait to see them again!

Glad to get a reply from a fellow indie fan! Especially from the UK, you guys have some fantastic music. My email is elizakruger at hotmail if you want to chat, it's hard making friends in a new city and as a fellow national fan (most people don't know who they are!) I think we'd get along swell.

Fingers crossed angeljoy replies soon too...

alanna

Postby alanna » Thu, 18 Aug 2011 6:44 am

Hey,

I'm moving from Dublin to Singapore in the next couple of months and couldn't believe my luck when I discovered that The National are playing in November. I've seen them a couple of times this year....Cian I'm not sure if you were at home for the gig in the Olympia? But it was unreal!

Do you know if there are tickets still available or were the tickets purchased form the cancelled gig just transferred across?

If you are wanting to check out some other good music, you should try Lykke Li a Swedish chick and playing Esplanade on Septemer 21st!

Thanks,
Alanna

StephenK

Postby StephenK » Thu, 18 Aug 2011 9:22 am

[quote="alanna"]If you are wanting to check out some other good music, you should try Lykke Li a Swedish chick and playing Esplanade on Septemer 21st![/quote]

Seriously? Sweet. How do you find out all these gig dates? Something like Time Out?

alanna

Postby alanna » Thu, 18 Aug 2011 5:10 pm

Hey Stephen!

I track artists and Singapore as a location on songkick.com It's a site telling you about all gigs in a particular location. Check it out....it's led me to some brilliant concerts of artists I would never think of going to!

Alanna