Singapore Expats

Easy weight loss - need advice

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 8:37 am

Sergei82 wrote:
the lynx wrote:An interesting story on how a pair of twin doctors utilised their similar genetic make up to find out what diet is good/bad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -life.html
Identical twins like us are extremely useful in experiments because we have exactly the same genes. This means any changes we observed would be due to the diets and not genetics.
I went on a no-carbohydrate diet - essentially no sugar - and Chris went on an extremely low-fat diet.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z2rmDARptv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I wonder why you even look at this delirium which has nothing to do with any science.
Well, while this is unprecedented, their approach to this type of experiment is nothing new in psychology, where human tests are much more valuable, and even more so when there is same genetic make-up, which is a huge deal if you intend to make it as a constant.

Of course, the results are still debatable to a certain degree (because there are still variable factors that might deviate the results), but I appreciate that there is a pair of identical twins who would like to test this theory.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 9:02 am

The results and conclusions are plain, sorry, dumb.
If they tested at least 100 of those twins, calculated appropriate statistics and made conclusions providing us with the confidence interval, that'd have been more appropriate.

From observing 2 brainless twin dudes fooling around you can conclude pretty much whatever you like, without noticing what was going on in real.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 9:21 am

Sergei82 wrote:The results and conclusions are plain, sorry, dumb.
If they tested at least 100 of those twins, calculated appropriate statistics and made conclusions providing us with the confidence interval, that'd have been more appropriate.

From observing 2 brainless twin dudes fooling around you can conclude pretty much whatever you like, without noticing what was going on in real.
Dude, you know I work in science. Of course I'd appreciate larger sample size of more sets of identical twins with the appropriate statistical analysis applied on the data.

Pay attention that I didn't endorse it or condemn it in my earlier post. It was for candid sharing. You should learn how to disagree or to state your opinions in a tasteful language, whether this in the Internet or not.

Sara.D

Post by Sara.D » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:08 am

Instead of starving or eating two big meals a day eat 5-6 small portions daily. Take your time when eating and chew your food properly (it takes the stomach 20 mins to send a signal to the brain that you are full).

Try to incorporate small exercises in your daily routine: use steps instead of elevators, tense and relax your butt muscles when sitting in the office for a couple of minutes, when working out always exercise for at least 25 minutes and always repeat every exercise three times.

Also, maybe it would help to do a cleanse treatment with different teas.

emmklise31

Re: Easy weight loss - need advice

Post by emmklise31 » Mon, 02 Aug 2021 8:39 pm

Slimming Pills - https://qualitypillsprovider.com I have found these tabIets to work very well, I have tried other supplements in the past that were OK but did not seem to match the claims. These tabIets started to suppress my appetite quite quickly which was the first sign and after just over a week I did seem to have lost some weight around my tummy in particular. Delivery was quick and I have been impressed with the product.
Last edited by emmklise31 on Sat, 04 Sep 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Easy weight loss - need advice

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 02 Aug 2021 10:35 pm

Stop eating the 4 white killer starches and cut out salt/soy sauce.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers