Singapore Expats

Easy weight loss - need advice

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
rainbooow

Post by rainbooow » Thu, 07 Feb 2013 5:18 pm

andrealeong4 wrote:Hey catherine
The problem is ur in a starvation mode, when you do that ur metabolism decreases and ur body starts absorbing more of whatever you eat. That leads to gaining weight quickly.
My advice to eat 3-4 meals but healthy meals and work out 4-5 times a week atleast. Make it a combination of cardio plus light weights.
I was trying starvation mode and i loss a bit of weight. But you're right I gained it back quite fast. Ever since I've been using Glow. Its a raspberry ketone pill. Bought it at watsons. It's really helping me manage my appetite (i'm a certified junk food junky). I've lost 2kg in Jan. Of course i still run once a week lah. But no more super diets man.

rainbooow

Post by rainbooow » Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:22 am

I couple cardio once a week with reduced junk food and a raspberry supplement called glow. You can find out more about glow-raspberry by googling it. For me it helped reduce my cravings for food.. before I MADE myself lose weight, I completely over-ate. Just for the sake of eating. JUNK ADDICT! I also led a completely sedentary exercise free life prior to my 'health awakening'.

Anyweeners... Its been 5 weeks and I'm down by 5.5 kg. PAT ON THE BACK FOR ME!

JFrost

Post by JFrost » Sat, 16 Feb 2013 2:13 am

The best advice you can get for weight loss are people who are constantly lean - bodybuilders.

You can search bodybuilding forums for weight loss and maintenance of how they stay at such a low body fat while considering health and muscle.

I'll introduce myself as a beginner to nutrition/ supplementation and serious bodybuilding for about 3 months (prior to 'casual' training a year+).
I find the pharmaceutical and nutrition side of bodybuilding extremely interesting and is something I am looking to go into.

If anyone is dead serious about losing weight, getting fit and being at optimal health - I am open to helping.
However I have had people ask, be blur, and end up not following/ giving up.

The best tip is that being lean and fit is not something you do temporarily, it is a complete lifestyle change.

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by alittlerisky » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 9:15 pm

my ex g/f always wanted to lose weight (or more correctly, stay slim), despite being 1.70m tall and weighing about 52kg. Her strategy was basically... do not eat. And when you do, eat off other people plates (when it OK to do so... b/f and family basically).
Who? What? How? Why? Where? When? Merde...

tianming

Post by tianming » Tue, 05 Mar 2013 12:30 am

hi guys, came across this topic as I was searching for a way to slim down 2 months back, since I didn't slim down well through my usual dragonboat training. Not enough cardio, neither do I have more time for training due to heavy work schedule. however I tried supplement upon recommendation from my friend which has no side effects and it help me lose away my fats and even build up my muscle%. if anyone is interested feel free to pm me and i'll be glad to share more :)

hannahxie

Post by hannahxie » Tue, 19 Mar 2013 2:29 pm

tianming

your searching for a way to slim down in 2 weeks? well i guess you love to eat so much. do you have cook? tell your cook or you mom to use coconut instead of using those cooking oil. try it

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Mar 2013 2:52 pm

Oh yeah! That's healthy! NOT. Give her high Cholesterol as well. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

snugget

weight loss tips

Post by snugget » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:36 am

My 2 cents worth:

To lose weight, calorie intake must be less than your calorie output for the day.
1. Keep a food + activity log book "use your exisiting diary or phone. Apps available too)
2. try to consume "healthy calories" you can easily google them
3. lay off simple carbs, saturated fats, sugary food etc.
4. do not starve! it only decreases your metabolism, making it easier to put on weight in the future!
5. Exercise at least an hour, 3 times a week (i go by this rule: 0/week- detiorate; 1-2/week- maintain; 3-4/week- weight loss and fitness; 5-7/week- build)
6. sustainable weight loss in the long run is not more that 2kg a month. Drastic weighloss can lead to alot of health problems.

Lena888

Re: Easy weight loss - need advice

Post by Lena888 » Sat, 04 May 2013 11:18 pm

CatherineL wrote:I have been on a starvation diet and a constant workout to burn my extra fats, the results aren't obvious and the worst thing is I got hungry quite often.

Anyone here has better idea on how to lose weight more easily?

CatherineL, I can suggest you my way of the easy weight loss without feeling hungry :)
It is easy to buy in Singapore agar-agar it's a green gelatin. Agar-agar makes your stomach feel full and it works as probiotic, so it cleans your intestine.
You can easely find more information in Internet.

Good luck!
And remember, you are beauty :)

Edroche
Regular
Regular

Post by Edroche » Thu, 09 May 2013 2:31 pm

There is no easy way.

60% food and 40% workouts.

Food - reduce the size of your servings. Going on a 'diet' for a week is like doing pressups for a week. When the week is done, you go back to normal the next. Therefore there is no such thing as a 'diet' limited by time, its life long. Most people eat too much. Then use common sense rather than starving yourself. I.e. try your best to eat somewhat better. Avoid fried food where possible.

Workouts - One way without the scams/bs is 'freeletics'. Works if you are regular folk with limited time and find gym boring. This is a v high intensity workout and you should check with doctor before starting. They have a nice iPhone app with videos of how to do the exercises plus a 5 week intro training plan. Its cool and free for the first 5 weeks. They have 3 different 15 week training plans depending on what you want to do/goals. Lean/Strength/Build muscle (ripped).

- Just to maintain fitness = exercising 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes and building a decent sweat.

- Weight loss is anything more than this.

That is the short version. Hard work and ignore the scams.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: weight loss tips

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 May 2013 3:34 pm

snugget wrote: 6. sustainable weight loss in the long run is not more that 2kg a month. Drastic weighloss can lead to alot of health problems.
Actually, this is not true at all. It depends on who prepared the diet. I lost 26 kg in 22 weeks without exercise at all. In the process I also got rid of HBP (averaged 138/115 with two meds daily), High Cholesterol & elevated Uric Acid levels (Gout sufferer). Been on those meds for over 10 years. After the diet finished 5 years ago, till today, BP around 115/75~80 (normal). High & Low Cholesterol (normal) and Uric Acid levels (normal). I probably gained 20 years of life. At to that the fact that I quit smoking over 8.5 years ago. It's doable.

As Edroche said though, it's better if you can do it 60:40 Food:workouts. But no matter how you do it, one thing is for certain. It can never be a diet and you can never go back to eating normally. Had you been eating normally, you wouldn't have gotten fat in the first place. You were eating abnormally and the weight is the proof of that.

You can start eating "correctly". e.g., you have to do a complete lifestyle change. If done correctly it will keep you healthy for a long, long time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

okimisu

Post by okimisu » Sat, 25 May 2013 12:07 am

My friend do detox regularly and take Bios Life slim shake. andshe lost her weight without cut down her food. And the best thing is this product will not cause you side effect and YO-YO effect. Because this product is 100% chemical free. It's all nutritious called "Neutrapharmaceutical" under PDR Book. So it's safe to consume and it's HALAL!!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 27 May 2013 11:40 am

Actually, exercises are not needed at all to lose weight - they burn by far less calories than it seems like. Diet alone will burn all your extra weight.
The purpose of exercising is:
1) general physical and mental health,
2) esthetically if you diet alone, you will most likely just burn your muscle, but preserve fat (starvation mode), so despite your BMI being normal, you can still look like a mushy 2-legged lump of fat and have clinical obesity diagnosis (vegetarians often have this kind of mutilated body - improper low calorie no protein siet).

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 May 2013 12:16 pm

Sergei82 wrote:Actually, exercises are not needed at all to lose weight - they burn by far less calories than it seems like. Diet alone will burn all your extra weight.
The purpose of exercising is:
1) general physical and mental health,
2) esthetically if you diet alone, you will most likely just burn your muscle, but preserve fat (starvation mode), so despite your BMI being normal, you can still look like a mushy 2-legged lump of fat and have clinical obesity diagnosis (vegetarians often have this kind of mutilated body - improper low calorie no protein siet).
I agree with the incredible hulk 100%. Been there and done that. Without a lick of exercise. :cool:

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 30 May 2013 10:58 am

There is a HUGE (!!!!!!!) difference in losing body weight and in losing fat. I suppose, many want the 2nd thing, but do the 1st thing and think it's gonna work. In most of the cases - NO. Losing water (which is always temporary) and internal tissue (muscle mass, internal organ mass etc - which is much heavier than fat and will show you desired BMI much faster) does not mean you're becoming less fat. Moreover, in order to adapt and overcompensate the loss, organism may gain even more fat afterwards.

The fastest way to lose body weight: eat nothing.

Things that NEVER work in losing body weight:
1) massage (doesn't matter how you massage your body cells, they won't shrink),
2) accupuncture ("I feel that overall, it worked" means it didn't - you won't feel it you see it) - same reason,
3) pumping abdominals (no comments),
4) rubbing slimming gels on your fatty areas (fat cells are supplied with blood, so medicine is to be delivered with blood as well - rubbed on skin, only negligible amount of it will get inside your body, and again - will be spread all over with bloodstream, will not remain in the cells near which you rubbed it on skin)

Some medicine works though, although only in combination with diet... unfortunately again.