Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone running/watching the Standard Chartered Marathon?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
piyushdabomb

Anyone running/watching the Standard Chartered Marathon?

Postby piyushdabomb » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 3:01 am

Hey there -

Anyone of you running this race? I'm running it on Sunday and was hoping to find a few folks to pace with. I've ran about 4 marathons and given that the humidity levels are ridiculous here in Singapore, I'm trying to run this in about 4 hours.

If you're watching OR running this this race and want to grab a killer brunch and/or drinks in the neighborhood, let me know!

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Anyone running/watching the Standard Chartered Marathon?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:44 pm

piyushdabomb wrote:I've ran about 4 marathons and given that the humidity levels are ridiculous here in Singapore, I'm trying to run this in about 4 hours.

If you are from DC and trained there, (like running the length of Rock Creek Park, you'll be okay with the humidity here. I'm from Maryland and worked in DC for around 8 years. It's worse there than it is here. When the humidity is up here it's not the humidity it's rain! The temperature, at around 89 degrees isn't near as bad of the 100+ degree temps in DC in the summer either. :wink:

piyushdabomb

Postby piyushdabomb » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 6:33 pm

Hey!

I ran the Marine Corpse and Richmond marathon. It's pretty decent. I hate the humidity though. This summer was a horrible training season for us DC folks.

Rock Creek is decent.

Do you live in Singapore now? Miss DC?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 8:08 pm

I've been living in Singapore just under 30 years. No, don't miss DC at all. Well, mostly anyway, my main office was two block north of the Zoo on Connecticut Ave just across the street from the old Yenching Palace in Cleveland Park. Used to spend lots of lunchtimes at the Zoo.