Singapore Expats

EPEC to LTSVP? Please share your experience

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tayyabmail

EPEC to LTSVP? Please share your experience

Post by tayyabmail » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:08 pm

I recently got an EPEC. Am planning to visit in January and apply for ltsvp.

I understand that for ltsvp, we need to submit documents i.e., originals of the same documents we used when applying for epec.

Can you share your experience, formalities, documentation, wait times, bank statements etc and other points that someone in my position should be mindful of.

The application, the appointment, the document required etc., So new comers like me are not taken by surprise. Getting documents from back home can take a long time.

I have looked up the ICA web site. It seems fairly simple process. But if you can share your practical experience, it would be useful.

thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: EPEC to LTSVP? Please share your experience

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:41 pm

tayyabmail wrote:I recently got an EPEC. Am planning to visit in January and apply for ltsvp.

I understand that for ltsvp, we need to submit documents i.e., originals of the same documents we used when applying for epec.

Can you share your experience, formalities, documentation, wait times, bank statements etc and other points that someone in my position should be mindful of.

The application, the appointment, the document required etc., So new comers like me are not taken by surprise. Getting documents from back home can take a long time.

I have looked up the ICA web site. It seems fairly simple process. But if you can share your practical experience, it would be useful.

thanks
Please enter EPEC in the search box and browse through the threads in the result.
Last edited by singaporeflyer on Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan_
Regular
Regular

Post by Ryan_ » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:41 pm

Your Approved EPEC is actually your LTVP.. Just follow the ICA instructions, one of that is your appointment schedule to issue your FIN card just be on time and everything should be fine.
Lies, Damn Lies and Speed ratings.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:04 pm

Ryan_ wrote:Your Approved EPEC is actually your LTVP.. Just follow the ICA instructions, one of that is your appointment schedule to issue your FIN card just be on time and everything should be fine.
Completely wrong... just read through a few threads where EPEC was granted but LTSVP was not.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:23 pm

Ryan_ wrote:Your Approved EPEC is actually your LTVP.. Just follow the ICA instructions, one of that is your appointment schedule to issue your FIN card just be on time and everything should be fine.

There are many cases where EPEC has been issued but LTSVP has been rejected. EPEC application and LTSVP application are two different entities.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 12:06 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Completely wrong... just read through a few threads where EPEC was granted but LTSVP was not.
yes epec and ltvp is two seperate applications....epec is from mom and ltvp is from ica..

Ryan_
Regular
Regular

Post by Ryan_ » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 4:30 pm

Right.. it should have been ".. your path to LTVP" heh MOM & ICA are two separate agency in Singapore. Thanks
Lies, Damn Lies and Speed ratings.

tayyabmail

Post by tayyabmail » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 11:35 pm

i think the issues get unnecessarily sensitized. i know most of you write from concern. ofcourse, things can happen. there is no obligation on part of ica to approve anything. but there has to be objective criterias for decisions.

i am looking for personal experiences, with ltsvp based on epec.

if you have applied, and gone through the process, please walk us through. the documents, the applications, the appointments, what documents were required etc.

this would be very helpful, to prepare for the ltsvp application and have little or no surprises.

also, once in singapore, what is the most productive use of time while you are waiting for ltsvp? can you search for work in the meanwhile etc?

thank you

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:06 am

tayyabmail wrote:i think the issues get unnecessarily sensitized. i know most of you write from concern. ofcourse, things can happen. there is no obligation on part of ica to approve anything. but there has to be objective criterias for decisions.

if you have applied, and gone through the process, please walk us through. the documents, the applications, the appointments, what documents were required etc.

this would be very helpful, to prepare for the ltsvp application and have little or no surprises.

also, once in singapore, what is the most productive use of time while you are waiting for ltsvp? can you search for work in the meanwhile etc?

thank you

Please understand that LTSVP will not allow you to work in Singapore. Only an EP /WP will allow any foreigner to work in Singapore.

LTSVP is just a visit pass to allow you to stay in Singapore to search for a job while you are on an EPEC. EPEC is not the same as EP.

EPEC is a certification to say that you have qualifications/experience to be employed in Singapore and need not be always.

Once you get a Job while being on an EPEC, you will be issued an EP. That is when you can start working in SG.

Also ICA will not tell any one regarding what is the criteria to approve LTSVP for EPEC. This is to avoid tailor made applications.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:57 am

tayyabmail wrote:i think the issues get unnecessarily sensitized. i know most of you write from concern. ofcourse, things can happen. there is no obligation on part of ica to approve anything. but there has to be objective criterias for decisions.

thank you

ppl like you open a few threads on the same topic of epec which has been explained multiple times on this forum...do a search as I have also shared my experience with epec and ltsvp from application and processing time...dont be lazy and expect to be spoon fed.....u can actually look for work while you are waiting for ur ltsvp to be approved...I know of someone who did that and when their ltsvp got approved they only held on to it for 2 weeks before their ep for a new job go approved....

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 1:43 am

tayyabmail wrote: i am looking for personal experiences, with ltsvp based on epec.
if you have applied, and gone through the process, please walk us through.

No.

keenfei

Address on LTVP (eVP)

Post by keenfei » Thu, 20 Jan 2011 2:15 am

HI all,

Desperately need your advice.

I have just arrived in Singapore and applied for eVP. Payment got hang due to system glitches and auto-sent me a mail at midnight of the withdrawal.

1. Can I appeal for the SGD30?
2. Can I re-apply again?

The address which I input is a temporary stay ie. hostel.

3. Does the chance of approval slimmer with such addresses? Or shall i use my friends address?

Keen

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Jan 2011 6:50 am

Why would the address, as long as it is local, matter one iota?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

keenfei

Post by keenfei » Thu, 20 Jan 2011 9:02 am

Thanks. SMS!