Singapore Expats Forum

Query for Hong Kong and Macau- pls help

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Global Citizen

Query for Hong Kong and Macau- pls help

Postby Global Citizen » Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:25 am

I'm planning to visit Hong Kong early next year and was wondering what is the best way to go from the airport to my hotel.

Airport Express train or Airport Express Shuttle bus? What are the pros and cons and does the Airport Express Shuttle bus deliver one to the doorstep of one's hotel? Will probably be staying at Kowloon side.

Also is Macau worth a visit as we'll have only 3 nights in HKG and if we go, should we opt for hydrofoil or ferry? Pros and cons and is a visa required for a day's visit to Macau since its part of China? Want to confirm that HKG is exempt from the visa requirement and the nationalities in question are S'porean and Canadian.

Thanks very much in advance.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:34 am

Airport Express to Kowloon/Island, then the free shuttle bus (or taxi) from there to your hotel. Very fast and convenient.

No separate visa needed for Macau, you'll get one on entry. There should be enough in HK to keep you occupied for 3 days though.

Global Citizen

Postby Global Citizen » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 6:06 am

Thank you JP. Its been awhile since I was last in HKG and that too in the days when it was still under the British and Kai Tak was the airport then. Have you ever been to Macau and if so, what were your impressions?

Cheers! :)

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sat, 13 Nov 2004 1:34 am

Global Citizen wrote:Thank you JP. Its been awhile since I was last in HKG and that too in the days when it was still under the British and Kai Tak was the airport then. Have you ever been to Macau and if so, what were your impressions?

Yes, I have been to Macau -- at the ripe old age of 6. But a coworker of mine is there right now, so I'll borrow his impressions when he gets back.