Singapore Expats Forum

EP rejected.appeal to be filled got a newoffer from other co

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chiztalk

Postby chiztalk » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 3:42 pm

and another thing, should i disclose with the headhunter that will be processing my ep that i had been rejected just yesterday?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 5:04 pm

Are you going through a headhunter or a body shop? If it's a recruitment agency all I can say is good luck. If you are being "placed" by the agency, it doesn't matter as far as MOM is concerned as the client (end user) is the one who has to apply for the employment pass and not the agency. If you are going to be employed through an agency (e.g., subbed out to their client but you are employed by the agency itself) then you stand a good chance of not having a job very long as any slowdown will see their clients dropping excess subcontract personnel like hot potatoes.

If your first company submits an appeal while your second company has submitted it's application you are going to be crap out of luck with the first company as they will not be able to submit the appeal and you will be caught with your pants down around your ankles. Then, if the second company is rejected, you are going to be up the creek and no paddle. However, the end result is that this is something that only YOU can decide.

Often, as of late, it seems they are rejecting lots of applications and upon appealing (e.g., the hiring manager or MD going down with the applicant and having a meeting with an MOM Officer) the appeals are being approved. But, in the words of Dirty Harry. Do you feel lucky?

chiztalk

Postby chiztalk » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 8:31 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Are you going through a headhunter or a body shop? If it's a recruitment agency all I can say is good luck. If you are being "placed" by the agency, it doesn't matter as far as MOM is concerned as the client (end user) is the one who has to apply for the employment pass and not the agency. If you are going to be employed through an agency (e.g., subbed out to their client but you are employed by the agency itself) then you stand a good chance of not having a job very long as any slowdown will see their clients dropping excess subcontract personnel like hot potatoes.

If your first company submits an appeal while your second company has submitted it's application you are going to be crap out of luck with the first company as they will not be able to submit the appeal and you will be caught with your pants down around your ankles. Then, if the second company is rejected, you are going to be up the creek and no paddle. However, the end result is that this is something that only YOU can decide.

Often, as of late, it seems they are rejecting lots of applications and upon appealing (e.g., the hiring manager or MD going down with the applicant and having a meeting with an MOM Officer) the appeals are being approved. But, in the words of Dirty Harry. Do you feel lucky?

It is a headhunter. I am employed by the company itself and there are no other placement needed. The company will be the one paying the headhunter. Do i need to tell them that my previous pass was rejected or there is no need?

If I decided for the second company and not inform of the first company and will inform them only if MOM accepts the EP with the second, will I get any trouble?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:01 pm

chiztalk wrote:
It is a headhunter. I am employed by the company itself and there are no other placement needed. The company will be the one paying the headhunter. Do i need to tell them that my previous pass was rejected or there is no need?

I'm surprised it's an actual headhunter. Most wont even touch low-end positions as the work involved isn't worth the little commission they would received for a position that only pays 2.8K. In fact, that is the average median salary that normal recruitment agency specialize in. Normally headhunters won't touch any position that pays less than 90K/year. The must really having a hard time. I wont touch anything less than 7K/mo unless it's a position for an existing client and then I draw the line at 5K/mo.

The company would also be paying the recruitment agency if it was through an agency as well. It's against the law to charge a job seeker a placement fee in Singapore. As for telling the 2nd company, that's up to you. Won't matter unless the 1st company finds out you applied for another company and then they hurry up a file an appeal out of spite. This can cause a short circuit in the MOM machinery and cause everything to get hung up and you will be out of visa time before you know it. There was one case here on the forum early this year who did something similar. He had a heck of a time getting sorted and I don't remember if he ever did or not.

If I decided for the second company and not inform of the first company and will inform them only if MOM accepts the EP with the second, will I get any trouble?

Trouble? No. Bad reputation, yeah. And this is a pretty small island. Especially when it come to foreigners and jobs.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:02 pm

chiztalk wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Are you going through a headhunter or a body shop? If it's a recruitment agency all I can say is good luck. If you are being "placed" by the agency, it doesn't matter as far as MOM is concerned as the client (end user) is the one who has to apply for the employment pass and not the agency. If you are going to be employed through an agency (e.g., subbed out to their client but you are employed by the agency itself) then you stand a good chance of not having a job very long as any slowdown will see their clients dropping excess subcontract personnel like hot potatoes.

If the first employer tries to see the status of your EP Application using your passport number he will be clearly be able to see that there is another application in progress.

The Last Active Application would be visible if they search using your passport number. Please be reminded of this.