Singapore Expats Forum

Any openings in graphic design?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

bluecotton

Any openings in graphic design?

Postby bluecotton » Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:41 pm

Hi,

I am currently looking for job in graphic design industry. But after sending a lot of resumes, I still don't have any interviews.
Is that really hard to find a job in this area? specially if you don't speak chinese at all.
By the way what is the salary for someone who has less than one year experience? I just want to know this so it would not be too dificult to negotiate.

Thanks, I hope someone can help me with these. or maybe you guys have openings in design area.

una

RE: Any openings in graphic design?

Postby una » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 4:18 am

From what I know, most companies will want to look at your portfolio during employment. As with any other design field, it is after all, the projects that you produce that matters.

Starting salary can be anywhere from SGD1300 to SGD1700, inclusive of CPF. When it comes to looking for a job, somehow I feel that the best way is still to ask around, like what you're doing now! :wink:

Good luck!

una

RE: Any openings in graphic design?

Postby una » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 4:20 am

From what I know, most companies will want to look at your portfolio during employment. As with any other design field, it is after all, the projects that you produce that matters.

Starting salary can be anywhere from SGD1300 to SGD1700, inclusive of CPF. When it comes to looking for a job, somehow I feel that the best way is still to ask around, like what you're doing now! :wink:

Good luck!

bluecotton

Postby bluecotton » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 6:13 pm

Thanks, I am trying hard to get this job. By the way, would you get a lower salary if you can't speak chinese?
There was one company which interested in having a look in my folio, but after they realized that I can't speak chinese, they are not interested anymore.

Postby Guest » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:13 pm

dont mind sending your resume to me at liechn@yahoo.com for sneak preview? ta.

bluecotton

Postby bluecotton » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:47 pm

Are you someone in the design industry? Or do you know someone in that design field? If you can give a little info about you, maybe I'll think about it

tweety

Graphic Designer

Postby tweety » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 3:05 pm

Hi Bluecotton,

I have been in this line for more than 7 years already. Thru my experience, it is the portfolio that really matters...but mind u, it is only apply to those private design films. If u r looking for jobs in government's sector, it would be another story.

The price range for a junior post is roughly ard $1.2k-$1.6k but for some lucky ones can get slightly more than $1.6k. Government's sector will pay a designer lesses as compared to those private companies.

The nature demand of a designer is very hectic, will u able to adjust to it?

tweety

Graphic Designer

Postby tweety » Fri, 12 Nov 2004 3:23 pm

Hi Bluecotton,

I have been in this line for more than 7 years already. Thru my experience, it is the portfolio that really matters...but mind u, it is only apply to those private design films. If u r looking for jobs in government's sector, it would be another story.

The price range for a junior post is roughly ard $1.2k-$1.6k but for some lucky ones can get slightly more than $1.6k. Government's sector will pay a designer lesses as compared to those private companies.

The nature demand of a designer is very hectic, will u able to adjust to it?

Postby Guest » Sat, 11 Dec 2004 1:34 am

might have something for you email me
m@aiyomatt.com