Singapore Expats Forum

PR Rejected after 6 months ..Please Help

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nitinkrmishra

PR Rejected after 6 months ..Please Help

Postby nitinkrmishra » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 2:18 pm

Hi All,

Recently my PR is rejected after 6 months of my application.
I have applied along with my wife.We got married April -2009 , since then she is also in singapore .

I am in singapore since last 4 years and working in Investment bank as a software developer , My wife is also working in Singapore in dependent pass . I am holding P2 pass.My wife started her job in April 2010. We both are Indians.Our Monthly household income is 7000 + SGD.
I am also doing Social service like regular blood donation and also I am also Friend of libary and doing social service in library during weekends.

In the letter from ICA nothing is mentioned about the timeframe when again I can apply.

Any suggestions from the Forum members what to do next , Shall I appeal in ICA for my application reconsideration or wait for some time .

Thanks

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Re: PR Rejected after 6 months ..Please Help

Postby JayCee » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 5:16 pm

nitinkrmishra wrote:Hi All,

Recently my PR is rejected after 6 months of my application.
I have applied along with my wife.We got married April -2009 , since then she is also in singapore .

I am in singapore since last 4 years and working in Investment bank as a software developer , My wife is also working in Singapore in dependent pass . I am holding P2 pass.My wife started her job in April 2010. We both are Indians.Our Monthly household income is 7000 + SGD.
I am also doing Social service like regular blood donation and also I am also Friend of libary and doing social service in library during weekends.

In the letter from ICA nothing is mentioned about the timeframe when again I can apply.

Any suggestions from the Forum members what to do next , Shall I appeal in ICA for my application reconsideration or wait for some time .

Thanks

If they've not given a timeframe for you to apply again then the likelihood is they don't want you to apply again, and possibly you applied too soon if your wife had only been here a year when you did it. With the current political environment they've been cutting down on PR approvals, maybe after the elections next year you could try again but who knows whether you'll be approved

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: PR Rejected after 6 months ..Please Help

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 5:24 pm

nitinkrmishra wrote:Hi All,

Thanks

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your application other than if you can get a PI in not too distant future, you will enhance your appeal process.
Procreate will be another option.

Or else sit tight. There will be a shift in immigration policy mid next year.

Only then you can reconsider appealing.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:39 am

MS this case is similar to the case I had reported couple of weeks back where my Indian colleague had applied with his wife and got rejected inspite of nothing wrong with their profile. Also couple of more cases where spouse and children of Indian PR's have been rejected this month.

Does this look more like an "Indian quota getting filled for the year" thing? Are there better chances applying early next year for the fresh quota or is this related to elections and better to just sit tight until elections get over or is this something totally new?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 12:04 pm

Every application is treated individually, however, a combination of factors are at play here. One is immigration is and always has been controlled by the racial percentages that make up Singapore. That's why the percentages have only varied by tenths of a percent in the 30 years I've been here. When the biggest ethnic group has the lowest fertility rate of the three major races here, how you think they keep the percentages the same. Additionally, the PAP has been losing votes with every succeeding election and they are now listening to the ground and there is this big backlash against foreigners. With the elections around the corner it is going to be a while before it's going to change. I reckon even by mid-year there might not be a lot of difference. You will have to just sit tight and keep your ear to the ground to see when local popular opinion or the government's stance changes or at least waivers a bit.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 12:53 pm

revhappy wrote:MS this case is similar to the case I had reported couple of weeks back where my Indian colleague had applied with his wife and got rejected inspite of nothing wrong with their profile. Also couple of more cases where spouse and children of Indian PR's have been rejected this month.

Does this look more like an "Indian quota getting filled for the year" thing? Are there better chances applying early next year for the fresh quota or is this related to elections and better to just sit tight until elections get over or is this something totally new?

Read my post again then you will understand. Alot of shuffling of policies at this moment. I never heard of Indian/Chinese/Malay quotas being filled rather all immigration intake will base on population census. It is more towards this, political/economic balancing and towards "aryan" race goals
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 12:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Every application is treated individually, however, a combination of factors are at play here. One is immigration is and always has been controlled by the racial percentages that make up Singapore. That's why the percentages have only varied by tenths of a percent in the 30 years I've been here. When the biggest ethnic group has the lowest fertility rate of the three major races here, how you think they keep the percentages the same. Additionally, the PAP has been losing votes with every succeeding election and they are now listening to the ground and there is this big backlash against foreigners. With the elections around the corner it is going to be a while before it's going to change. I reckon even by mid-year there might not be a lot of difference. You will have to just sit tight and keep your ear to the ground to see when local popular opinion or the government's stance changes or at least waivers a bit.

Please do NOT double post. The moderators will definitely frown on you. Watch out for this moderator SMS. > he will thump you if you do that
:lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 1:39 pm

:oops!: :shit: :P :cool:

Gammaa

Postby Gammaa » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 2:06 pm

http://migrantworkerssingapore.blogspot ... years.html

''[The racial mix figures bear out Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's remarks during his National Day Rally speech on Sunday. He had said: 'Let me assure Singaporeans, especially minority communities, that we will not allow immigration to upset the current mix of races among our population. The current mix is stable, and contributes to our racial and religious harmony.']"

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 2:10 pm

Which is exactly what I've been saying for 6 years here on this board. :wink:

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 2:26 pm

Thanks everyone, especially Gamma.

After reading the link posted by Gamma(BTW this info was also provided by SMS earlier just that this link has numbers in it to work with), it is very clear that the number of Indians in the PR mix have increased by a whopping 50% yet their percentage in the citizenship mix hasn't changed by much. The gahmen would expect the PR pool to feed into the Citizenship pool and as of now it looks like they have more than enough in the Indian pool and may not want to increase the imbalance any further and hence may reject most of the indian applns untill the imbalances evens out naturally.

So I guess bad luck :(
Last edited by revhappy on Thu, 02 Dec 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nitinkrmishra

Postby nitinkrmishra » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 3:15 pm

Thanks a lot to all the members of this forum for their suggestions and comments.