Singapore Expats Forum

Polling Interest: Charity Blood Drive

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Wuza

Polling Interest: Charity Blood Drive

Postby Wuza » Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:03 am

Hello Everyone,

I was curious to find out if there would be interested in a sort of charity blood drive (unofficially) sponsored by the singaporeexpats.com community?

Singapore is constantly in a state a critical blood shortages and we all as residents use the same resources whether we are local or not. I was hoping to get a number of people together to donate blood at Singapore General Hospital and just give a little something back to the community.

Please post your contact information or PM me if you are interested in participating.

Have a great holiday season!

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Tue, 30 Nov 2010 9:50 am

Good idea - especially if you're have a negative blood type as this is very rare in asia so they love the expats who are more likely to have that blood type.
Can't join you until Jan unfortunately.

Wuza

Postby Wuza » Tue, 30 Nov 2010 2:37 pm

january is ok! I figure it will take a while to find enough people who are interested...people aren't always super willing to give blood even though its really easy and will save lives.

please continue to post and send me your information if anyone else is interested in joining.

steff77
Regular
Regular

Postby steff77 » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:19 am

Hi, good idea, count me in. PM'ed you my contact details already. :-)

Have a good holiday season as well.

Bubblygal

Postby Bubblygal » Thu, 16 Dec 2010 3:46 pm

There will be a mobile blood donation drive this week and I would be going to Pasir Ris this Sat to donate blood.