Singapore Expats Forum

Citizenship apply before PR renewal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
muralicommon

Citizenship apply before PR renewal

Postby muralicommon » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 3:21 pm

Hi Friends,

I am Singapore PR.First two years I worked in singapore and another two year I was not in singapore and 5th year I start work in singapore(make CPF contribution).After 10 months I need to renew my REP.
I wanted to apply for Citizenship before my PR renewal.How much chances are there to Citizenship?.Also My PR will be renewed in case my citizenship get rejected?.Please advice..

Regards,
Murali.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 3:33 pm

I'd be more worried if your REP renewal will be granted as you want be able t supply the neccessary documentation. This kind of abuse of a PR is exactly what the Gahmen are trying to stop.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 3:47 pm

At this point, I think you will need to apply for your REP first as it will take a considerable amount of time to process your citizenship application. The odds are against you getting citizenship at this time anyway as you haven't shown the government here that your are serious about staying in Singapore while a PR. Of course, if you are married with a male child and the child is also a PR and would be included in the citizenship application, then you "might" have a better chance.

muralicommon

Postby muralicommon » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 3:57 pm

Hi Friend,

I knew many people abuse PR.But In my case, Due to unavoidable personal health problems I moved to other country,not for any other purpose.I Swear that I didnot abuse this valuable PR status.Really I wanted to stay back in singapore and willing to get citizenship and ready to accept whatever goverment decision will be as I could not express my intension through words only.Just wanted to know what will be the outcome.Thanks for your reply.
Regards,
Murali.

muralicommon

Postby muralicommon » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 4:07 pm

Hi Moderator,

Unfortunately,I am bachelor.I thought apply for citizenship before my PR renewal will be a chance to show my intension to stay in singapore.If I proceed to apply for citizenship before PR renewal,will it be a token to prove my intension to government,even if its rejected?.
Regards,
Murali.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 4:18 pm

To apply for renewal of REP and also Citizenship you have to provide last 3 years Income Tax assessments. This is where your problem will be.

muralicommon

Postby muralicommon » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 4:42 pm

Atleast Can I get One year approval,if I provide for one year?.Any bit Chances?
Regards,
Murali.