I am moving to work in Singapore in design with my yoga teacher wife, very young baby and small dog. What areas would fulfil these criteria below?
- I will be working near Telok Ayer MRT
- Looking for small house with some outside area for dog
- I would describe us as fun & cool design types
- We like a simple modern style house, 1950's or 1960's would be great
- We like local culture, modern art & music, yoga
- We LOVE food
- We would like easy access to transport so that we don't need a car
- We would like easy access to parks to run the dog
- Priced between $3k & $5k per month
Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Ain't gonna happen. You will probably have to live in an older condo and will have to take your dog down and walk him several times a day. Landed properties (single homes with plots of land under them) are going to be considerably more expensive.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers
You can sometimes get houses in that budget (more towards the $5k bracket though) - small houses, usually terraced with a sad excuse for a yard outside, but still classed as a landed property........but not in the Telok ayer area - you'd have to be heading west I would think.