Singapore Expats Forum

LTVP supporting documentation template.. ??

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
newjob

LTVP supporting documentation template.. ??

Postby newjob » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 9:36 pm

First post so firstly hello everyone.

Having been lucky enough to secure a job offer for a large company in Singapore, I have now found mysel trawling through all the forums over the internet trying to find answers for so many questions. This brings me to posting now, I hope someone can help.

I have been living with my partner and her 2 children for over a year now and have found that this is regarded as common law marriage so she can apply for a 'LTVP' once I have gained documented proof from a registered notary in the UK stating this. Having spoken to a few notaries earlier today, they don't seem to know if there is a standard form or text that needs to be followed before the offical stamp is applied. Does anyone have a basic outline what they had written as this is obviously a costly process and I wouldn't like to get it wrong.

Also, Does anyone have any information in regards to how the Visa /LTVP would work with the children( aged 6 and 13). They don't have my surname so would they too need LTVP's.

Any assistance is greatfully received.

x9200

Postby x9200 » Sat, 27 Nov 2010 8:34 pm

No need for any specific wording - people at ICA are flexible so anything what clearly states the fact or high likelihood of it is good enough.
For the children you would need a proof of you being the father.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:27 am

Then he's gonna be a bit hardpressed I think as he's already stated they are "Her" children, not his. He's also indicated Partner instead of spouse so I don't think they are married either. so might be some problems for the kids. Although, if they buy the de facto marriage they will probably accept the kids as well but unfortunately I cannot find anything to substantiate it.

x9200

Postby x9200 » Sun, 28 Nov 2010 7:23 am

Oh. You right SMS, I missed "her".