Singapore Expats Forum

Private Taxi for school transportation

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.

Sponsored by:
AVIS Car Rental
mizuesauco

Private Taxi for school transportation

Postby mizuesauco » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 8:56 am

Hi, I'm looking for information how much it would cost to hire a taxi every weekday morning and afternoon to take/pick up my daughter to/from her school.

Currently she is taking a school bus but the travel time is more then 70 minutes each way and she is just 4 years old. We really like her school and its only 10 minutes away if we take a taxi. We've complained to the bus company several times but nothing has changed. Which is why we are looking into the alternative -hiring a taxi on monthly basis.

If anyone has done the same for their kids or know where to look for such kind of service, please share your experience / information.

Thank you.
MS
Miz

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:01 am

Just call up Comfort Delgro and tell them what you want. They will put out a request to their drivers and they let you know how much it will cost. You can actually do it with any of the taxi companies. You can get number for most of them, if not all, on my links page below. (Located in the third column near the top third of the page under the heading dial-a-cab).

taxiguy

Postby taxiguy » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 7:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just call up Comfort Delgro and tell them what you want. They will put out a request to their drivers and they let you know how much it will cost. You can actually do it with any of the taxi companies. You can get number for most of them, if not all, on my links page below. (Located in the third column near the top third of the page under the heading dial-a-cab).

I agreed with your sugguestion. Any Taxi companies can provide such service. The only thing is to find a reliable taxi driver. In Usual cases, taxi drivers would prefer daily payment if not weekly cos our rental to the taxi companies are on daily basis.

denieleve

Postby denieleve » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 3:33 pm

my mum hired a taxi service to pick her from jurong east to joo koon every morning 5-6am. cost her around 200-220 per month...
think u have to talk to the taxi driver, some of them do accept these deals.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 4:55 pm

denieleve wrote:my mum hired a taxi service to pick her from jurong east to joo koon every morning 5-6am. cost her around 200-220 per month...

In your other post you said you just bought car insurance. Why don't you be a good son and pick her up and take her yourself. :D

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 5:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
denieleve wrote:my mum hired a taxi service to pick her from jurong east to joo koon every morning 5-6am. cost her around 200-220 per month...

In your other post you said you just bought car insurance. Why don't you be a good son and pick her up and take her yourself. :D

I don't think "mom-as-a-backseat-driver" is covered. :lol:

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 5:10 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

:roll:

cece74

Transport to School

Postby cece74 » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 4:08 pm

Hi Miz,
I am just arrived to Singapore and have a similar problem. Actually the bus does not cover the area where the appartment we want is located. I was wondering if you manage to solve this problem and, if so, if you have any usefull advise on this. Thanks Ces.