Private Taxi for school transportation

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.
Post Reply
mizuesauco
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 5:45 pm
Location: Toa Payoh

Private Taxi for school transportation

Post by mizuesauco » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 8:56 am

Hi, I'm looking for information how much it would cost to hire a taxi every weekday morning and afternoon to take/pick up my daughter to/from her school.

Currently she is taking a school bus but the travel time is more then 70 minutes each way and she is just 4 years old. We really like her school and its only 10 minutes away if we take a taxi. We've complained to the bus company several times but nothing has changed. Which is why we are looking into the alternative -hiring a taxi on monthly basis.

If anyone has done the same for their kids or know where to look for such kind of service, please share your experience / information.

Thank you.
MS
Miz

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39768
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:01 am

Just call up Comfort Delgro and tell them what you want. They will put out a request to their drivers and they let you know how much it will cost. You can actually do it with any of the taxi companies. You can get number for most of them, if not all, on my links page below. (Located in the third column near the top third of the page under the heading dial-a-cab).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxiguy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 8:53 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by taxiguy » Fri, 25 Feb 2011 7:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just call up Comfort Delgro and tell them what you want. They will put out a request to their drivers and they let you know how much it will cost. You can actually do it with any of the taxi companies. You can get number for most of them, if not all, on my links page below. (Located in the third column near the top third of the page under the heading dial-a-cab).
I agreed with your sugguestion. Any Taxi companies can provide such service. The only thing is to find a reliable taxi driver. In Usual cases, taxi drivers would prefer daily payment if not weekly cos our rental to the taxi companies are on daily basis.

denieleve
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 2:07 pm

Post by denieleve » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 3:33 pm

my mum hired a taxi service to pick her from jurong east to joo koon every morning 5-6am. cost her around 200-220 per month...
think u have to talk to the taxi driver, some of them do accept these deals.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39768
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 4:55 pm

denieleve wrote:my mum hired a taxi service to pick her from jurong east to joo koon every morning 5-6am. cost her around 200-220 per month...
think u have to talk to the taxi driver, some of them do accept these deals.
In your other post you said you just bought car insurance. Why don't you be a good son and pick her up and take her yourself. :D
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8358
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 5:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
denieleve wrote:my mum hired a taxi service to pick her from jurong east to joo koon every morning 5-6am. cost her around 200-220 per month...
think u have to talk to the taxi driver, some of them do accept these deals.
In your other post you said you just bought car insurance. Why don't you be a good son and pick her up and take her yourself. :D
I don't think "mom-as-a-backseat-driver" is covered. :lol:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3505
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 5:19 pm
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Post by Saint » Wed, 13 Apr 2011 5:10 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
denieleve wrote:my mum hired a taxi service to pick her from jurong east to joo koon every morning 5-6am. cost her around 200-220 per month...
think u have to talk to the taxi driver, some of them do accept these deals.
In your other post you said you just bought car insurance. Why don't you be a good son and pick her up and take her yourself. :D
:roll:

cece74
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 4:03 pm

Transport to School

Post by cece74 » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 4:08 pm

Hi Miz,
I am just arrived to Singapore and have a similar problem. Actually the bus does not cover the area where the appartment we want is located. I was wondering if you manage to solve this problem and, if so, if you have any usefull advise on this. Thanks Ces.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Cars & Motorcycles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest