Singapore Expats

NTSC TV

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
fire

Post by fire » Wed, 25 May 2011 7:55 pm

Thanx Calmday! I just placed an order at the website you referred.
Let me come back when it's arrived and connected.

fire

Post by fire » Fri, 27 May 2011 9:18 am

Thanx you so much, Calmday.

I placed an order at the website, but got a reply that there is no inventory and I need to wait 10-12 days more. And the salesperson recommmended me another one which can be shipped immediately.

http://www.world-import.com/images/cmd- ... manual.pdf

The guy gave me an special offer at $150 plus 7-10 day shipping costs $80. I'm still not comfortable, but guess it's worthy to activate my tv paying that money.

This one seems to have HDVI ports. Do you think it would work for NTSC TV with MIO tv set here? Cheers.

batrasona

HDMI is not the only factor

Post by batrasona » Mon, 20 Feb 2012 6:47 pm

NTSC & PAL are different format. You need a convertor to make it work in different world zones
Some US TV might work in PAl zones ( India, Singapore, UK) because newer TV can recognize both NTSC/PAl. Even though manufacturer says its NTSC only, they are using the electronics that work for both NTSC/PAl. That's the reason you see the US TV working for few people here and not for unlucky ones
The reason manufacturer do not want to advertise NTSC/PAL is because of pirated content.
If you have a US TV, do not bring it to PAL countries. it is a hazzel - buying convertors, voltage convertors etc and a messy TV panel with so many cables
You get 120/220 V TV and NTSC /PAL compatible TVs in US but then cost is not competetive
----------
Only if you know for sure that your new TV (mostly built in 2011 & after) have NTSC/pAL try your luck bringing them

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”