Singapore Expats Forum

Dependant Pass Appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 13 Feb 2011 5:06 pm

only_juice your EP needs to be successful first, as the wife dependant pass is tied to it.

genuine_query

Postby genuine_query » Thu, 24 Feb 2011 1:27 am

only_juice wrote:
Hi,

Today i submitted my ep renewal appeal to mom.

When i applied for my ep renewal same time i applied for my wife's dp renewal, since my ep renewal is rejected my wife's dp renewal is also rejected.

Now should i appeal for my wife's dp renewal or if my ep renewal appeal get's approved my wife's dp renewal will be done at the same time since they have the records.

What to do in this case.. please advice me

My ep contract is valid till 1st march...don't have much time to do anything..:S

Hi there,

As rightly told, focus on your EP first...
3 weeks is the estimated time to hear anything... alternatively, make sure your visibility is legal (time to go through your e-visa); extend it with ICA accordingly!
All what you can do in your waiting time... check with your HR about the complication and accumulate all the required documentation !

Cheers !
visit us back...

Leskaret

DP Rejected

Postby Leskaret » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 2:47 am

Hi,

Just today, I got my DP rejected. First of all my spouse is a PEP holder (Personalised Employment Pass). No need for sponsorship of his current employer. So we just submitted the application manually at MOM office w/o signature of page 5 for employer's sponsorship. After less than a month, (today) I visited the website and found out that it was rejected.

We immediately went to MOM the same day and talked to a MOM officer. She said that we need to send an appeal letter via post mail and it will also took almost less than a month before the result.

Please help, coz I really have no idea what to write to the letter that it will appear formally as i can't find any DP appeal pattern.

BTW, i just submitted the DP form, PP photo, colored copy of marriage contract ( we just got married in SG Last May 1, and we submitted the DP application to MOM dated May 6 ), and PP Particulars.

The officer also told us to email them and asked for the reason behind my rejection. I did, but it will took 3 days to 7days before they could reply..She also said that it's true that there is no need for the sponsorship of my spouse employer. So we are really wondering why it was rejected.
=)

Leskaret

Postby Leskaret » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 3:03 am

Can somebody can give me the MOM email address if there is, coz i have just sent my enquiries to MOM through their online feedback service only.

Thanks!!!
=)

Leskaret

Postby Leskaret » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 3:07 am

tristanmin wrote:Finally a help from you guys and my boss, my wife DP is approved.

Thank you all :D
may I know how did you submit the Appeal letter, via post mail? thanks
=)

sundaymorningstaple

Re: DP Rejected

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 6:59 am

Leskaret wrote:BTW, i just submitted the DP form, PP photo, colored copy of marriage contract ( we just got married in SG Last May 1, and we submitted the DP application to MOM dated May 6 ), and PP Particulars.

It's quite possible that the MOM is seeing a marriage of convenience. (In their eyes)

Leskaret

Postby Leskaret » Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:28 pm

what should we do now.. can you advice us please.............thanks.
=)

amyjuliusjulio

dependent pass

Postby amyjuliusjulio » Thu, 02 Jun 2011 12:22 am

tristanmin wrote:
genuine_query wrote:Hi there...

I have traveled in the same boat and can completely empathize your situation...

Nothing to worry as long as you have your documentation right...
Make sure you express it well in the document,
Submit as many supporting documents as possible !!

While I shared a copy of marriage certificate, appeal letter (clearly stating the scenario), house rental agreement, letter from me assuring for the financial support (might be redundant...)
However, Documentation speaks quite a lot here...

Waiting time of 3 weeks for DP Approval...

Wish I could have seen your posting earlier for an elaboration... However, DP shall be approved without any hurdles...

Cheers !!

Thanks for your reply! My boss wrote nice appeal letter for my spouse. Is it exactly need to wait 3 weeks time?

Regards!

Hi,

I just want to inquire the content of the letter of appeal for your wife your boss wrote, because we have to write an appeal & we have little idea of the content.

thank you

lucyng

Postby lucyng » Sun, 05 Jun 2011 8:26 am

Not to worry. Basically the MOM just wants to make sure that you bring your wife here is becos you want to live as husband & wife and not mainly becos you want to bring your wife here to work and earn money.

This has become a loop hole for many foreigner to be legally here to earn money.

Think positive and everything will be fine

amyjuliusjulio

Postby amyjuliusjulio » Sun, 05 Jun 2011 10:14 pm

lucyng wrote:Not to worry. Basically the MOM just wants to make sure that you bring your wife here is becos you want to live as husband & wife and not mainly becos you want to bring your wife here to work and earn money.

This has become a loop hole for many foreigner to be legally here to earn money.

Think positive and everything will be fine

thank you...and I'll will just [-o< for the best