Singapore Expats Forum

PR application rejected for Child

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rock1977

PR application rejected for Child

Postby rock1977 » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 7:10 pm

I applied PR for my 2year old son in Jan-2010, today received letter stating that "application has not been succesful. Nevertheless, your child can continue to reside here on his valid long term visit pass." No reason or period for another application was stated. My son living with us on long term visit pass for the past 2 years. Myself, my wife and my daughter are Singapore PR for more than 5 years. We renewed our PR status for another 5 years in Feb-2010. I am working as a Manager. Living in 4 room flat purchased 3years ago. I believe my son meets all eligibility for his PR application. Appreciate if anyone can suggest any possible reasons for this application rejection. Is it possible that ICA reject all applications now? or any one got their application approved in recent months?

What should I do next? just wait for another six months /one year or so?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 8:21 pm

Please do not cross post identical posts in multiple threads/forums. We consider that spamming. Your later post has been deleted.

rock1977

Postby rock1977 » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 8:36 pm

can you please help me move this topic to PR related subtopic from careers & jobs

LongTimeHere

Postby LongTimeHere » Wed, 12 Jan 2011 5:10 pm

contact mandychong@mediacorp.com.sg...she might be interested in your story. were your children born here? btw are you from pakistan?

rock1977

Postby rock1977 » Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:55 pm

My son born in India, we are holding Indian passport

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Sat, 15 Jan 2011 11:09 am

rock1977 wrote:My son born in India, we are holding Indian passport

Wait for one year and then reapply again.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 15 Jan 2011 11:43 am

rock1977 wrote:My son born in India, we are holding Indian passport
Due to elections most PR's are being rejected and in your sons case there is no urgency, so just wait another year like suggested. It's more likely that they may push you to become citizens, rather than offer your son PR and if you do not accept, it could be good bye!

ratnamst

Hi

Postby ratnamst » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 2:51 pm

Have you applied citizenship for your family before as you have been here more than five yrs but still renewing the PR. So May be the reason that goverment encourage you to apply citizenship. If you dont mind please apply citizenship for your wife, Daughter and yourself. Then apply PR for your son.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Hi

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 3:40 pm

ratnamst wrote:Have you applied citizenship for your family before as you have been here more than five yrs but still renewing the PR. So May be the reason that goverment encourage you to apply citizenship. If you dont mind please apply citizenship for your wife, Daughter and yourself. Then apply PR for your son.

How did you come up with this idea? Care to share ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!