Singapore Expats Forum

Late 20s expats to hang out with

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
bentonfraser_4ever

Postby bentonfraser_4ever » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 2:43 pm

Sigh. Maybe I shd start a thread of my own, inviting people who are not obsessed with BQ/CQ/other places with a gazillion humans, for an intimate coffee meetup somewhere at the ends of the earth.

I wanna go back to Canada... :(

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 5:03 pm

bentonfraser_4ever wrote:Sigh. Maybe I shd start a thread of my own, inviting people who are not obsessed with BQ/CQ/other places with a gazillion humans, for an intimate coffee meetup somewhere at the ends of the earth.

Yes and call the thread "Koffee with Fraser"-will get you the eyeballs, if not the company :P
On a serious note if you prefer meaningful one on one conversations then coffee is a good idea as opposed to the meet ups where they have more people and interaction is at a very superficial level.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

laurie maravilla

Postby laurie maravilla » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 8:38 pm

I'm up for coffee and interesting conversations too although there's a chance that it might eventually become awkward. I wouldn't mind the awkwardness though if it happens. Make it happen already! Let's all gooooo

piyushdabomb

Postby piyushdabomb » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 1:59 am

Hey there!

Based on emails provided above, I've already emailed a couple of you so we can hang out.

I just arrived to Singapore this past tuesday from the United States and it'd be awesome to meet some of you while I'm here for the month of December.

I don't think I've ever seen a more cleaner country in my life. Simply wow.

bentonfraser_4ever

Postby bentonfraser_4ever » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 4:31 am

piyushdabomb wrote:Hey there!

Based on emails provided above, I've already emailed a couple of you so we can hang out.

I just arrived to Singapore this past tuesday from the United States and it'd be awesome to meet some of you while I'm here for the month of December.

Hey Piyush, I was just in D.C. a couple of months ago on my way here. What's the matter with you, I've never been to a cleaner U.S. city! And so many snipers, I felt absolutely safe everywhere! :D I loved it, despite the 30+ degree weather... still better than NYC though. I changed my plans from spending a week each in NYC and D.C. to simply 2weeks there cos I loved how much there was to do there (plus, I met and travelled with a younger, blonde Russian male model :shock: hahaha). I spent the 4th of July week in NY and CT, at the peak of the heatwave, and it was muggier than Singapore! Beat that.

If you're interested in coffee with us milder ladies (no idea if you're a guy or girl), feel free to indicate and we'll let you know if we set something up. Regardless, welcome to Singapore! :)

bentonfraser_4ever

Postby bentonfraser_4ever » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 4:41 am

intellectualsmuse wrote:
bentonfraser_4ever wrote:Sigh. Maybe I shd start a thread of my own, inviting people who are not obsessed with BQ/CQ/other places with a gazillion humans, for an intimate coffee meetup somewhere at the ends of the earth.

Yes and call the thread "Koffee with Fraser"-will get you the eyeballs, if not the company :P
On a serious note if you prefer meaningful one on one conversations then coffee is a good idea as opposed to the meet ups where they have more people and interaction is at a very superficial level.

Well that title might be problematic, because it would only attract and disappoint women seeing as how my screen name is rather too, erm masculine, for my real-life gender!

But yes, bring it on! The PMs I mean :) I am indeed looking for less superficial contact, so a small intimate setting of like 2-4 people is still fine by me...perhaps at the new Bt Timah Starbucks that has suddenly materialised out of thin air. Or Coffee Bean at the Rail Mall in Hillview(it conveniently also has a Harry's a few doors down for those who might be inclined). Or the English Rose in Holland-- they had good soups when I last had some like 4yrs ago.

bentonfraser_4ever

Postby bentonfraser_4ever » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 4:42 am

laurie maravilla wrote:I'm up for coffee and interesting conversations too although there's a chance that it might eventually become awkward. I wouldn't mind the awkwardness though if it happens. Make it happen already! Let's all gooooo

How bout Sunday afternoon/evening? :)

piyushdabomb

Postby piyushdabomb » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:14 am

bentonfraser_4ever wrote:
piyushdabomb wrote:Hey there!

Hey Piyush, I was just in D.C. a couple of months ago on my way here. What's the matter with you, I've never been to a cleaner U.S. city! And so many snipers, I felt absolutely safe everywhere! :D I loved it, despite the 30+ degree weather... still better than NYC though. I changed my plans from spending a week each in NYC and D.C. to simply 2weeks there cos I loved how much there was to do there (plus, I met and travelled with a younger, blonde Russian male model :shock: hahaha). I spent the 4th of July week in NY and CT, at the peak of the heatwave, and it was muggier than Singapore! Beat that.

If you're interested in coffee with us milder ladies (no idea if you're a guy or girl), feel free to indicate and we'll let you know if we set something up. Regardless, welcome to Singapore! :)

Maybe I'm not a blonde russian male model, but I can assure you that next time you get out to D.C., you'll extend your 2 weeks to 2 months (only because I know a ton of 'fit' fun people). Interesting how you mention "options" - you're spot on given that there's always something to do!

What I love about DC are the number of athletic people who live there. Given that it is the most 'fit' city in america (according to the US Census bureau), it's a fun place to be. I'm training for an Ironman :).

I'm a gent and would totally love getting out for a cup of coffee. Set something up and let's hang out?

msbooboo

Postby msbooboo » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:47 pm

Hi Everyone!

Would love to get together as well. Im from San Diego and actually came here a year ago for my masters. Now that it's done, I have more time to meet people and enjoy Singapore!

let's hang!

send me an email: sylvia.p.tsai@hotmail.com

nmarco2

Postby nmarco2 » Sat, 04 Dec 2010 6:40 pm

Hey would love to meet people in Singapore as well, just moved here a few weeks ago....25/m/nyc

nick.marco@gmail.com

sgmati

Postby sgmati » Sun, 05 Dec 2010 8:34 pm

Hi!
Count me in if you organise any activity!
I can reach by chuanhock.tee@gmail.com

ciao!
Hi I am new!

Omni

Postby Omni » Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:36 pm

Hey,
I'm 29/m originally from San Diego, my gf and i have been in Singapore a couple of months now, we were living in the UK for a few years previous to moving here.

Anyways, would love to meet some people here that I don't know through work. Coffee, food, or drinks are all nice ways to pass the time in my book.

omnicron007 at hotmail dot com

leahjade

this saturday

Postby leahjade » Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:45 pm

hey all on this thread, a bunch of us have met up for the last two weekends and its a mixed group of lots of different ages and we kinda go check out different areas of singapore and try to find cheap beers :) last week wek got to 20+ people so def find someone to have a chat with :)

heres the post for this week and pm if ya want to know anything else
cheers and hope to meet some of ya soon ................

Hi Folks ...

This week we are going to explore East Coast Park. First, we'll meet at 8:30 at the control center at Eunos MRT, and then head to East Coast Park by bus for a sea food dinner. If you go to google maps and type in 'East Coast Park, siglap road, Singapore' and zoom in on the coast, you will see a bunch of sea food restaurants ...

After dinner we will take a walk along the beach, and stop at Scruffy Murphy’s and other bars for drinks. Can also buy beer / wine from a 7/11 and drink them by the sea if the weather is good ....

Anyway ..... hope to see all the folk from last week + a few new faces would be nice. Please bring along friends ...more the merrier.......

For details on the night if you want to meet at the sea food restaurant, you can call one of us to find out exactly where we are and come by taxi from the station:

Fabian 98927361
Dwane 91699534

Lastly, I took a few photos the last 2 weeks and put them here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/4fabian/Sat ... directlink

If you send me your email to (4fabian@gmail.com) and I send an invite, you will be able to add your own photos to the album ..... more the merrier!

Fabian
:)

gizmofreak

Hi

Postby gizmofreak » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 12:58 pm

Im new to this forum and looks amazing!
Last edited by gizmofreak on Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 1:10 pm

Last edited by the lynx on Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.