Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for uhmm.. I'm not really sure.

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 24 Nov 2010 10:22 pm

...and I soak up on experience vicariously!

--wait; what?!?

myzhelle

Postby myzhelle » Wed, 24 Nov 2010 11:27 pm

Its good to see more and more people stepping up and sharing their thoughts and views..

@carteki- it's good to know that you can relate well to what message we're trying to convey.. but i would rather see it as 'awareness' rather than 'pain', coz awareness can motivate and inspire you whereas pain, on the other hand, can be a form of weakness that can bring you down. anywayz, it doesn't matter much how we would like to call it as long as we do understand and knows how to deal with it i guess. yes, i do agree that a lot of people can come and go, but life is an endless cycle anywayz so maybe it wouldn't hurt to keep on trying, then life can be more fun and interesting. (",)

@collins- sorry i still could't send private messages at the moment. it's good to hear from you.. maybe you can send me your email address as well.

@twinsing- looking forward to hear from you soon. (",)

Have a great nyt..

Michelle

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:38 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I would tend to agree. I was a twice divorced single guy when I arrived here back in '82 and I was soured on marriage needless to say. I figured I'd come over here and just have a ball with all the lbfms. Well, life has a way of throwing you curve balls when you not really looking or expecting them. I've been married here now for over 27 years. I'd have to say you CAN find meaningful relationships here IF you allow them to happen.

Not saying its impossible...however, agree with QRM, can be relatively tougher in a country where your local neighbour wont even return a smile (okay big generalisation, but I've had a bit of a rough time trying to make friends here).
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

ronyride

hii

Postby ronyride » Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:59 am

Not having good friends, I think, is partly because of the presence of prejudicious attitudes. People tend to form opinions about certian races/religions and simply try to avoid them not realizing that they are simply isolating themselves from others (I'm not raising any controversies of racial bias etc)....the other reason may be beacuse of the greed/necessity to grow to greater heights and earn simply ignoring friends and people who count on you. But after reaching certain a stage, when we look back and analyse, we might feel that we could have done much better with our relationships.

The only secret to make good friends is to let the friendship happen..meet as many people as you can..select the ones you think you can get along with..for rest you always have the "Ignore" button. But in all attempts one needs to be sincere ! While expecting something from others, it is equally important as to what you are giving...
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do...

J.Walker

Postby J.Walker » Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:48 pm

would love to catch up sometime.. just drop me a note.. :)

Mixikyr
Regular
Regular

Postby Mixikyr » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 1:41 am

Deleted post.
Last edited by Mixikyr on Mon, 02 Jul 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 4:56 pm

Mixikyr wrote:"Where you from?" "What do you work as?" "How's life here?"

In the end it seems so pointless. Meet up, drink, then what? We click, we don't click. In the end it's all just a social routine we're tending to follow. Honestly, I have only met up with people once here so I'm not much to say. But I can say it was "Now what?" for me.

Anyway, we're past the age where getting to know people innocently and passively was commonly happenstance, rather than made happen. Now, people tend to only get to know people they want to know.

I guess it all greatly depends on what kind of person you are, to be able to appreciate the little things in life, that goes further and deeper. Thinkers will often fall into the hole of not enjoying life as it is. I feel so because I'm a thinker. I think perhaps the main problem is because we're meeting random people. You, my friend, may just be as uninspirational to another as he is to you.

At this age, we all seem to be waiting to be entertained. You know, I've met up people from online communities when I was younger, and there would be things like a big group sitting around in a circle on the floor and telling jokes, playing little games, etc. to break the ice, and bond. It was hilariously fun and social. Would we do that here?

No. We mostly entertain each other with only conversations. So perhaps it would work out more if we were to get to know people with the same interests or things in common, then perhaps conversations could be more interesting. And from there, there would be common activities without the feel of "trying to do something social together". I guess? So we should stop being random and try to find specific interest groups that we belong to, which is what I'm trying to do.

I am sexually interested in binary fission of amoebas, are you?

Have to agree with you. Am a "thinker" too, but I sexually I think I'd prefer the conjugation thing that Paramoecia do. :D
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Fri, 03 Dec 2010 5:38 pm

Mixikyr wrote:"Where you from?" "What do you work as?" "How's life here?"

In the end it seems so pointless.

So perhaps it would work out more if we were to get to know people with the same interests or things in common, then perhaps conversations could be more interesting. And from there, there would be common activities without the feel of "trying to do something social together". I guess? So we should stop being random and try to find specific interest groups that we belong to, which is what I'm trying to do.

agrees.

rukawashuha

me neither

Postby rukawashuha » Tue, 04 Jan 2011 1:58 pm

hi miss not-really-sure,

well, it would make two of us. i am not entirely sure what i am looking for either...um...so...i am 24 too, i am female too. I love movies a lot and i read novels on a daily basis...um...yeah...let me know if you interested in a drink or two...

cheers,

Flora

rukawashuha

btw- i can be reached at rukawashuha@gmail.com

Postby rukawashuha » Tue, 04 Jan 2011 2:01 pm

cheers,