Singapore Expats Forum

EP criterion??

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
skay

EP criterion??

Postby skay » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:05 pm

I saw a few posts on EP for an international who has not studied or stayed in Singapore.

As the applns are processed within 2 weeks, I wonder how do the base their judgement on?

What are the factors of judgement? Is there any way to find out if the EP gets rejected?Do they furnish a reason?

And how much of the factors rest on the employer as much as it rests on us?

Are there certain industries which face tougher chances of getting an EP thru?

sundaymorningstaple

Re: EP criterion??

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:37 pm

skay wrote:I saw a few posts on EP for an international who has not studied or stayed in Singapore.

As the applns are processed within 2 weeks, I wonder how do the base their judgement on?

If they told us that, then all applications would be tailored to fit, wouldn't they. Therefore the MOM does not reveal the criterion nor the weightage applied.

What are the factors of judgement? Is there any way to find out if the EP gets rejected?Do they furnish a reason?

Read my reply above

And how much of the factors rest on the employer as much as it rests on us?

You can have all the credentials in the world, but if the employer cannot justify hiring a foreigner, pfft! You don't get in. End of Story.

Are there certain industries which face tougher chances of getting an EP thru?

No. They are all tough.

skay

Postby skay » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 10:54 pm

Oh hey thanks for the replies. I understand, most countries work that way..US - my personal exp was even tougher.

So there is an element of quirkiness and luck involved, isnt it?? And the success/failure depends a lot on the type of job/employer as well?

K

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:37 pm

skay wrote:Oh hey thanks for the replies. I understand, most countries work that way..US - my personal exp was even tougher.

So there is an element of quirkiness and luck involved, isnt it?? And the success/failure depends a lot on the type of job/employer as well?

K

and political climate.

FYI, if you're a scientist, you may--just may--have better chances of getting employment here.

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”