Singapore Expats Forum

looking for long term expats ? :)

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
ChrisTToph

looking for long term expats ? :)

Postby ChrisTToph » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 5:29 pm

Hello!

I am a bit tired to see my friends moving away frequently so I am looking for people staying here as expat for some years (or longer?) :)

Search for me in facebook ---> Chris Klostermann :)

Cheers
Christoph

bentonfraser_4ever

Re: looking for long term expats ? :)

Postby bentonfraser_4ever » Sun, 21 Nov 2010 1:02 am

ChrisTToph wrote:Hello!

I am a bit tired to see my friends moving away frequently so I am looking for people staying here as expat for some years (or longer?) :)

Search for me in facebook ---> Chris Klostermann :)

Cheers
Christoph

Or, you could find Singaporean friends...lol. The born and bred kind, not the ones the government bought. :cool:

The tricky bit though, is finding those who are not out to fleece you or someone of the non-slag category who actually speaks English you can understand instead of what they reckon is 'English'! ;)

Rosh

Postby Rosh » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 2:24 pm

bentonfraser_4ever wrote:The tricky bit though, is finding those who are not out to fleece you or someone of the non-slag category who actually speaks English you can understand instead of what they reckon is 'English'! ;)

Do you mean the Thai and Vietnamese women who find in Orchard Towers at night? :???:

bentonfraser_4ever

Postby bentonfraser_4ever » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 8:15 pm

Rosh wrote:
bentonfraser_4ever wrote:The tricky bit though, is finding those who are not out to fleece you or someone of the non-slag category who actually speaks English you can understand instead of what they reckon is 'English'! ;)

Do you mean the Thai and Vietnamese women who find in Orchard Towers at night? :???:

Well, I was thinking more the Singaporean women at Boat Quay/ Clarke Quay (esp. the 19y.o. poly/university girls) whom one can often see constantly being on the hunt for white meat...

Vietnamese, Filipino, China ones at Orchard Towers are so 90's man! :P

VictoriaKhim

Postby VictoriaKhim » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 9:02 pm

Ha ha ha ... ok this discussion really cracked me up!
Victoria

moto
Regular
Regular

Postby moto » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 11:58 pm

let me post a comment here to bump up the thread...

the revolving door of the expat community can prove to be tedious. thus, my friends and i are are also on the look-out for those who, like us, are here on contracts for longer than a year.

it is great to meet new people but can be enervating to have to say goodbye to them quite quickly. one can only ask where are you from, what do you do, until when are you here before one wishes for the opportunity to make real friends rather than passing acquaintances.

cheers

reflction

Postby reflction » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:17 am

right-o. Im a local 30 yr old female who speaks English fine, thank you very much. Im not a slag/tranny/govt bought etc.

So, who wants to be friends? *lol :D

it is unfortunate that the SPG syndrome has stuck to this country. but i can assure u i am earning my own moo-lah in the advertising industry and not on the hunt for "white meat." i just like to expand my circle of friends and i've helped out those who can't speak English very well - not all of you expats speak English well you know. i also lived overseas for 6 years and remember how tough it is sometimes, so i like to help.

been dealt a hard blow recently and just looking pick myself up and be my usual cheery, friendly self and meet new people. let me know if you're up to it :)

sg_lover
Regular
Regular

hi

Postby sg_lover » Sun, 12 Dec 2010 1:01 pm

finding longterm expats in singapore.. all expats leave singapore after 1-2 yrs..

find locals go staying in UK/USA can speak good english..

Best of luck

glamoure_rouge81

Postby glamoure_rouge81 » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 7:13 pm

reflction wrote:right-o. Im a local 30 yr old female who speaks English fine, thank you very much. Im not a slag/tranny/govt bought etc.

So, who wants to be friends? *lol :D

it is unfortunate that the SPG syndrome has stuck to this country. but i can assure u i am earning my own moo-lah in the advertising industry and not on the hunt for "white meat." i just like to expand my circle of friends and i've helped out those who can't speak English very well - not all of you expats speak English well you know. i also lived overseas for 6 years and remember how tough it is sometimes, so i like to help.

been dealt a hard blow recently and just looking pick myself up and be my usual cheery, friendly self and meet new people. let me know if you're up to it :)

Well said Gal! Real sorry fact that many just assume every gal here hunts for 'white meat'.

I'm an Educator n speak English fine n like urself, I'm looking to widen my social circle n get to know ppl from various ethnicities. Kinda bored with the same old daily grind at the moment.

Get in touch: neema_25061981@hotmail.com

Cheers!
29/ f/ Sg

reflction

Postby reflction » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 8:48 pm

hi glamour_rouge - i dropped u a PM :) i reckon that despite all their protesting etc, they r prob after such girls at the end of day. some of them are probably sore because they got refused for not fulfilling some kind of criteria or another :P

glamoure_rouge81

Postby glamoure_rouge81 » Sat, 18 Dec 2010 9:25 pm

reflction wrote:hi glamour_rouge - i dropped u a PM :) i reckon that despite all their protesting etc, they r prob after such girls at the end of day. some of them are probably sore because they got refused for not fulfilling some kind of criteria or another :P

Hey thr,
Thanks for ur PM but i'm new n cant reply to PMs as yet... Anyhow, nice to know u understand how this whole thing is. A vicious cycle.... love hate relationship with the game itself, i guess? Add me up on msn if u're thr. Add is as abovementioned.

Cheers!
Neems