British (F) seeking new female friends

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:18 am

Sergei82 wrote:
intellectualsmuse wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:Gemini, ISTJ (judge yourself ;) )

So what's my diagnosis?

Diagnosis? Well, its not like you have a disease or do you? :P I really wouldn't know!

For Gemini "diagnosis" : Refer to Linda Goodman's work

For the ISTJ bit maybe : http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ISTJ.html

Hope this helps :)

How can you believe in astrology and read psychology at the same time senorita? It's mutually exclusive. :)

Well both attempt to enable us to understand other people better... so may not be all that mutually exclusive...depends on your 'frame of reference' really-which means we're back to the Theory of Relativity again! (Talk about going around in circles!!)
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:01 am

Attempt? Relativity? You are interested in MBTI and stuff, but you take psychology and astrology to the same level...

Ok, I'll give you my thought. Psychology is a science, it is really an "attempt to enable us to understand other people better" (I would change it to - understand ourselves better - attempt to understand the others without understanding yourself is a complex of superiority).

But astrology... in some ways it's a lot better. :)
For example, I met Senorita and found out she's a Cancer (just assuming, I don't know your real sign). Well, I want to find out more about that lady - I can go into psychology, try to find more information, improve my knowledge, try to become smarter in other words - but that's all too hard and time-consuming, isn't it?
I'd better open an astrology book and see: uh... oh... Cancer... slowly makes decisions, too much self-concerned, etc, etc, etc. That's it! Bye-bye, senorita, I already know all about you, I don't even have to talk to you! (and you won't prove me anything - I believe in astrology) I found the way how to avoid thinking and stay dumb, how to avoid that hard effort to become at least a little bit smarter.

One of the greatest, Frederick Perls wrote that horoscope is arrogance of humanity. People in feeling of their greatness came so far that they think that even stars and planets care about their miserable life full of lies, deception and other crap. :)

Well, Senorita, I'm just tired of hearing that I have a "duplicate" nature because I'm Gemini. :wink:

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:13 am

Sergei82 wrote:Attempt? Relativity? You are interested in MBTI and stuff, but you take psychology and astrology to the same level...

Ok, I'll give you my thought. Psychology is a science, it is really an "attempt to enable us to understand other people better" (I would change it to - understand ourselves better - attempt to understand the others without understanding yourself is a complex of superiority).

But astrology... in some ways it's a lot better. :)
For example, I met Senorita and found out she's a Cancer (just assuming, I don't know your real sign). Well, I want to find out more about that lady - I can go into psychology, try to find more information, improve my knowledge, try to become smarter in other words - but that's all too hard and time-consuming, isn't it?
I'd better open an astrology book and see: uh... oh... Cancer... slowly makes decisions, too much self-concerned, etc, etc, etc. That's it! Bye-bye, senorita, I already know all about you, I don't even have to talk to you! (and you won't prove me anything - I believe in astrology) I found the way how to avoid thinking and stay dumb, how to avoid that hard effort to become at least a little bit smarter.

One of the greatest, Frederick Perls wrote that horoscope is arrogance of humanity. People in feeling of their greatness came so far that they think that even stars and planets care about their miserable life full of lies, deception and other crap. :)

Well, Senorita, I'm just tired of hearing that I have a "duplicate" nature because I'm Gemini. :wink:

Agree with the part on the relevance of understanding oneself better because our understanding of other people is again related to our understanding of ourselves. Although I think both these processes run simultaneously rather than in succession because they are continual in nature.

And no one said you had to use astrology in isolation ;-)

Cancer...close...am a water sign :D (And, if I were to refer to astrology we are totally incompatible :P Did I save you some effort here or what? :P)

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:24 am

I'm so sorry, I can determine compatibility only by seeing the person physically and spending some time with her (or at least, analyzing her biography, like HR managers do before hiring people). No other way is acceptable for me. I'm stubborn as hell in that. :)

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 1:00 pm

Sergei82 wrote: (or at least, analyzing her biography, like HR managers do before hiring people). No other way is acceptable for me. I'm stubborn as hell in that. :)

Hmmm.. More of an interview than a date! Plus by your own admission, you're a stubborn man :P

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 1:40 pm

Senorita, let's be honest first of all with ourselves - date (at least the first one) is a series of assessments and estimates. No exceptions, even for you, and don't lie to yourself.
But for some (moral?) reasons saying that straightforwardly is considered to by cynical. Being somewhat like great Diogenes is much more honest than uttering that socially acceptable clutter about pure feelings.
You've already started assessing me even prior to (or instead of) seeing me (I'm prejudiced, what's my horoscope etc).

Btw, according to my experience, you might be quite shy in person looking straight into my eyes. :D

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 7:34 pm

Sergei82 wrote:Senorita, let's be honest first of all with ourselves - date (at least the first one) is a series of assessments and estimates. No exceptions, even for you, and don't lie to yourself.
But for some (moral?) reasons saying that straightforwardly is considered to by cynical. Being somewhat like great Diogenes is much more honest than uttering that socially acceptable clutter about pure feelings.
You've already started assessing me even prior to (or instead of) seeing me (I'm prejudiced, what's my horoscope etc).

Btw, according to my experience, you might be quite shy in person looking straight into my eyes. :D

You assume too much... Which makes you....very amusing- I mean assuming :P

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 8:29 pm

intellectualsmuse wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:Senorita, let's be honest first of all with ourselves - date (at least the first one) is a series of assessments and estimates. No exceptions, even for you, and don't lie to yourself.

Hm... where did I do any assumption? Can you give me an example?
You see me more than I do, so I want to know myself better. :)

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:39 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
intellectualsmuse wrote:

Hm... where did I do any assumption? Can you give me an example?
You see me more than I do, so I want to know myself better. :)

Maybe not :P

Btw, according to my experience, you might be quite shy in person looking straight into my eyes.

Or I might find the guy at the table next to ours cuter???

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:24 am

intellectualsmuse wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:You've already started assessing me even prior to (or instead of) seeing me (I'm prejudiced, what's my horoscope etc).

There are examples of your assumptions in brackets.

intellectualsmuse wrote:Or I might find the guy at the table next to ours cuter???

Well, if you are there with a bunch of cute guys, no wonder you don't want to meet. :)

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 12:47 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
intellectualsmuse wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:You've already started assessing me even prior to (or instead of) seeing me (I'm prejudiced, what's my horoscope etc).

There are examples of your assumptions in brackets.

intellectualsmuse wrote:Or I might find the guy at the table next to ours cuter???

Well, if you are there with a bunch of cute guys, no wonder you don't want to meet. :)

All I'm saying is there could be other reasons for a woman not looking you in the eye... :twisted:

1. You look intimidating/
2. She's looking at someone else/
3. She's hungry and you can't stop staring at her and you forget to order/
4. Both of you are looking at other people

and so on...

and for someone who believes in meeting people before concluding anything about them, your statement based on "experience" didn't quite fit in you know :P

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 1:25 pm

Oh... touched ego... that's serious.
Keep twisting the subjects talking about everything you want. :)
I only meant that you won't be able to keep the conversation in the same way if we meet. You may try to disprove my statement, but that'd be not easy, cuz this week I'm quite busy (speaking in rhymes :???: )

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Postby intellectualsmuse » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 2:38 pm

Sergei82 wrote:Oh... touched ego... that's serious.
I only meant that you won't be able to keep the conversation in the same way if we meet. You may try to disprove my statement, but that'd be not easy, cuz this week I'm quite busy (speaking in rhymes :???: )

Thats what forums are for-talking about everything one wants! Not trying to prove or disprove anything-though I found your original comment on there being no "pure" relationships more of a personal opinion than an absolute truth. :) Thought it might be interesting to find out more :P

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 2:44 pm

intellectualsmuse wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:Oh... touched ego... that's serious.

Thats what forums are for-talking about everything one wants! Not trying to prove or disprove anything-though I found your original comment on there being no "pure" relationships more of a personal opinion than an absolute truth. :) Thought it might be interesting to find out more :P

If it's interesting, you can catch me somewhere at FNDC - we'll have more time. I really have a lot of work to do today until late, so can't answer. Anyway, it was nice to have a conversation with you, senorita. :)

Inception
Regular
Regular

Postby Inception » Mon, 29 Nov 2010 3:22 pm

^ so guys how was the dinner? or still deciding the venue?