Singapore Expats

OMG.....how biased is that show...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
bluenose
Chatter
Chatter

OMG.....how biased is that show...

Post by bluenose » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 9:04 am

Did anyone witness that reduculous show/final on the box last night?
Anyone notice how they added....'50% public vote and 50% judges vote'......
How can 4 biased people have 50% of the vote, was it just because their fave was not going to win???
Surely it should be judged on whether you would pay to see them, are they talented???
The dancers were very talented, but as for the winner I would not watch a concert of hers if it was in my living room....as she cannot sing!!!
Appalling standards......

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 9:42 am

You are free to switch off that box whenever you feel like.
I don't even have one, as there is hardly anything in it worth watching.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 9:47 am

Actually, I was kind of glad to see it wasn't looks based for a change. Frankly, she was the best of the bunch. I'm not saying she was great, but against what was there, at least she had something to work with and somewhere to go. The dance groups, while interesting, were not in sync enough and how just how much variety of spastic jerking limbs can there be? To me? She was the best of a bad lot. Not good, but the best of the lot. As far as the judges go, aren't all judges biased? It just so happened they all liked her. I'm actually glad to see someone "normal" looking actually walk off with the prize. Gives lots of other "normal" people hope. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers