Singapore Expats

EP rejected!

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply
navidneoh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 2:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

EP rejected!

Post by navidneoh » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:15 am

I received a feedback from my new company that my EP was rejected.

I have my EPEC and i did fulfill the requirement for apply EP.
But why still not approve?

My new company (sole pro) is going the commence at 8th December 2010 and they is hiring me for their first employee.

Total working experience is 3years and 3months.
1years and 3months in Malaysia. (production assistant)
2years in Singapore with S-Pass. (graphic designer)

New company were offer me $2.8k with position (senior graphic designer).


Anyone can help me to figure it out why not approve?

:???:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40444
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:55 am

They don't have a track record so MOM is probably not gonna let 'em hire any foreigners until they hire some locals first. That would be my first guess based on the data you have provided.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

navidneoh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 2:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by navidneoh » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 1:33 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:They don't have a track record so MOM is probably not gonna let 'em hire any foreigners until they hire some locals first. That would be my first guess based on the data you have provided.
The company is allow to hire foreigner if the applicant is apply for the EP.
Since i have my EPEC and so i just accept the offer.

i cannot do anything now?

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5989
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 8:52 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by ksl » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:11 pm

navidneoh wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:They don't have a track record so MOM is probably not gonna let 'em hire any foreigners until they hire some locals first. That would be my first guess based on the data you have provided.
The company is allow to hire foreigner if the applicant is apply for the EP.
Since i have my EPEC and so i just accept the offer.

i cannot do anything now?
You can ask your potential employer to accompany you to MOM to find out the reason, they are not obliged to inform you, but they are pretty reasonable and will give you an indication if it's the employer that doesn't fulfill the criteria. just go down and ask to see someone. We was refused 3 times, only to find out it was employers fault.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40444
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:19 pm

ksl, it's obviously the employers case as the OP has an EPEC already in hand. As the company is a Sole Proprietorship and a new startup, this guy is the first employee. See the other post from the employer

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic74232.html
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5989
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 8:52 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by ksl » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 1:09 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:ksl, it's obviously the employers case as the OP has an EPEC already in hand. As the company is a Sole Proprietorship and a new startup, this guy is the first employee. See the other post from the employer

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic74232.html
oh right, so yes a Singaporean would have to be employed first.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests