Singapore Expats Forum

during ns boys can continue study

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
md masuduzzaman bhuiyan
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 16 Nov 2010
Location: china

during ns boys can continue study

Postby md masuduzzaman bhuiyan » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 9:02 pm

my son coming 16 years,worried if he could continue his study during the ns period of 2 years.what about other singapore boys experience.

User avatar
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:07 pm

You boy can, as long as he maintains a passing grade, be given a deferment of up to 5 years to complete his basic education up through polytechnic or equivalent. He cannot defer his NS, however, to do any tertiary education like a degree course. He must apply for his deferment and the school must be located within Singapore and on the list of eligible schools.

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests