Singapore Expats

PR successful chance

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yysxlp

PR successful chance

Post by yysxlp » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 4:59 pm

I hold a Q1 pass (degree) during 1999.10 ~ 2003.06, salary 2800, applied PR in 2002 rejected, the time my wife and daughter hold DP and stay in Singapore.
It is difficult for me to change a job without PR, so I back to my hometown.
Come back to Singapore this year May, hold a P2 pass, still degree, basic salary 5500. Now I am 6 months in singapore, my wife and daughter get a DP while not stay here,
Just issued PR application on last week.
I wanna my daughter to study here, now she is in primary5, if can not get a PR, then it is too late and too difficult for her to catch up, when she go to primary6. Also no PR secure, I can not risk to locate my family here,
I am not sure how big the chance.
So many excellent candidate been rejected so fast, I am quite worried.
Anyway, I need to make this step.
80~90% unlucky is a general life like for everybody.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: PR successful chance

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 16 Nov 2010 6:46 pm

yysxlp wrote:I hold a Q1 pass (degree) during 1999.10 ~ 2003.06, salary 2800, applied PR in 2002 rejected, the time my wife and daughter hold DP and stay in Singapore.
Come back to Singapore this year May, hold a P2 pass, still degree, basic salary 5500. Now I am 6 months in singapore, my wife and daughter get a DP while not stay here,
I wanna my daughter to study here, now she is in primary5, if can not get a PR, then it is too late and too difficult for her to catch up, when she go to primary6. Also no PR secure, I can not risk to locate my family here,
Please browse/search the forum to understand that you need to be in Singapore for a longer time continuously to have a good chance for PR.

Also currently it is end of the year and the quotas might be full and they are very strict on approving applications due to stringent criteria for approval of PR.

Work for another 1-2 years and then try again.

singaporeflyer

Ragavendran

Post by Ragavendran » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 7:18 pm

Do you mean to say there is a quota for PR every year. What is the quota limit.?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 8:34 pm

In the past 25 years the ratio of the three main races here hasn't changed more than a couple tenth's of a percent. Yet, aside from Indians having the highest incident of ED, Chinese have the lowest fertility rate of all and Malay the highest. If the majority race has the lowest fertility rate, it would stand to reason that the numbers are being compensated for via immigration wouldn't you think? So, in order to keep the ratios the same, they have to watch how many of any individual race they let in annually (allowances are obviously made for somebody with something that the gahmen really need so it's not a blanket sort of thing), but we see this every year and this year, due to the upcoming election, things have almost come completely to a screeching halt. There aren't any concrete numbers per se.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 9:00 pm

Looking at the current circumstances, You should just be glad about the fact that you are able to work here and expect nothing more than that. PR was easy at one point of time, and many people abused it and some of them just snubbed it and didnt take advantage of it when it was easily available. But that is history now and we need to get used to the new circumstances.

I would just continue to stay here as a foreigner and appreciate the fact that I am able to stay here until my EP expiry. I wouldn't take it for granted that I would be allowed to stay any longer than that. So wouldnt do anything silly like going ahead and buying a condo or anything. Just take it one year(or the duration of your EP validity) at a time and continue investments in my home country. I would take a call a couple of years from now to see if circumstances have changed for good or worse.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 9:16 pm

If you want your daughter to study here, you can apply for the student visa too, the daughter is likely to get PR status and your wife could stay here for the first year to supervise her, after 1 year the wife would be allowed to look for work, while still looking after your daughter.

But your daughter is more likely to be offered PR no problem in the hope she settles here long term, she can actually get PR without parents quite easy, I know several mainland Chinese that have their daughter studying here too, 12 year old, they are PR's and one parent is allowed to stay on LTVP, she is now working. Though the father had to leave after his work permit ran out. Children certainly stand a better chance for PR while in school here.

PR application is taking longer than usual because of the elections that are due in 2011

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 2:02 pm

yysxlp wrote:I hold a Q1 pass (degree) during 1999.10 ~ 2003.06, salary 2800, applied PR in 2002 rejected, the time my wife and daughter hold DP and stay in Singapore.
You application is most definitely going to be viewed as an economic PR and to be honest you've got no chance. Firstly only been in Singapore for 6 months is the main factor even though you've previously lived here that counts for nothing and will probably also go against you as it points to the fact that you are likely to leave Singapore when you don't get your own way.

Also your wife and daughter aren't even living in Singapore even though they are DP holders. The ICA will know that so if you put their place of residency as Singapore on their PR application form that will be a big minus point.

yysxlp

Post by yysxlp » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 3:29 pm

Hi everybody who are trying to help me to clear my situation, sincerely thanks for your comment,
Looks it is quite bad for my situation, so most likely I need prepare accept a unsuccesful reault.
Anyway, the life still is going on, at least I know the situation.

Thanks

Ragavendran

Post by Ragavendran » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 2:34 am

Is there any seperate quota system for LPR or itis combined w/ normal PR for quota count ...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 6:46 am

As it's all under ICA (Immigration), you should easily be able to deduce the answer.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

yysxlp

Post by yysxlp » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:15 am

Saint wrote: You application is most definitely going to be viewed as an economic PR and to be honest you've got no chance. Firstly only been in Singapore for 6 months is the main factor even though you've previously lived here that counts for nothing and will probably also go against you as it points to the fact that you are likely to leave Singapore when you don't get your own way.

Also your wife and daughter aren't even living in Singapore even though they are DP holders. The ICA will know that so if you put their place of residency as Singapore on their PR application form that will be a big minus point.
Appreciate these people with professional knowledge and experience, and always give accurate input with responsibility.
My PR was rejected after 2 and half month, still not get the letter yet.
Any further suggestion for my case. Is there still got chance such as longer stay time? Or totally no chance in the future.

Thanks sincerely

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:11 pm

yysxlp wrote: Appreciate these people with professional knowledge and experience, and always give accurate input with responsibility.
My PR was rejected after 2 and half month, still not get the letter yet.
Any further suggestion for my case. Is there still got chance such as longer stay time? Or totally no chance in the future.

Thanks sincerely
It used to be after 6 months of working here and you can apply for PR but now looks more likely you need to be here for 2 yrs at least. There are alot of cases where application sent a year and a half with no reply nor answer only to received with rejection without any explanation given after that. There were about 70 K application from 2009/ mid 2010. Approval rate about 30%. Now only about 10K being approved with the same number of application. I am giving estimate here NOT precise number as I do not have the precise number to back it up. The fact is the rate of approval per 1000 applications has dwindle significantly.
Whether it is LPR, or PR via EDB or SMC everything goes into the same pot. The only two that I knew is fast track
1. You have alot of $$$$
2. Business Investor or Relocation of head office to SG
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!