Singapore Expats Forum

Is this the right place for an introduction?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Postby JR8 » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 1:43 am

ksl wrote:You two are like Starsky and Hutch :lol: 8-) Good team work cowboys :wink:

Any nomnations for Huggy Bear?

Postby sierra2469alpha » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 2:12 pm

You guys are veritable snipers! Well done!

Postby christinasingaporeexpats » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:08 pm

Lol. I am not a spammer. Btw I don't subscribe to email updates when I receive PM's, which btw I haven't received. Odd. Again I apologize for any misunderstandings over my earlier post. Sorry.

Postby piyushdabomb » Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:28 am

This thread is hilarious. Haha!

I disagree - sierra's response was not "robotic"; it was ridiculously wordy...seriously, what was the point of the following 2 statements given that the first statement was indirectly answering the thread starters implicit question?

>> Bear in mind that many of us had the same questions, so in all likelyhood it's been answered before, but you never know!

>> While the following two subforums are large, they are worthwhile having a read-through in their own right. They are Moving/Relocating and Staying/Living.

Oh wait, here's the kicker line: "Are you actually here or planning to come?"

Love it. Don't hate me. I'm just trying to be nice to someone new to town.

Re: Is this the right place for an introduction?

Postby Muslima70 » Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:14 am

christinasingaporeexpats wrote:Not sure if this is the right place for an introduction. Wasn't able to find any particular section for this. Moderators please pardon me if this is incorrect.

Just wanted to say a big "HI" to everyone on this board. Found this forum while "googling". Finally decided to be a member. Hope to get to know new friends.

Hi Christina, welcome to singapore..I think you will it quite easy to make friends, will soon get to know lots of people... If you are looking for expats friends I guess you already know how to do that..

if you are looking for locals as friends..apart from any work colleagues that you have may want to try joining the local community centres...most housing estates have at least one CC if not more. It's great way to meet down-to-earth and nice folks...especially if you sign up for a course like digital photography, or archery etc I know some pple think it is lame..but I have met some nice folks that way both local and foreign.

However most CC are usually joined by S'poreans so expect to meet more locals that way.

Of cos' going to bars and nightclubs is another way to meet pple...but not one I prefer..still everybody has their own technique.

Ok all the best and hope you have good stay in Singapore ^_^
Salam(peace be with you)