Dependent Pass vs Visitor Visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:43 pm

Dependent Pass vs Visitor Visa

Post by pashsg » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 3:48 am

Hi all

this may be a very basic question but I am completely new to SG and her visa rules.

I had applied for PEP from outside of Singapore. I have recvd. In Principal Approval for PEP. ( it took long time but finally got it )

After long and painful search, I have finally found a job in SG.

I am planning to move to SG with my family.

Shall I first apply for their dependent pass before visiting Singapore OR Shall I just apply for their visit pass to enter Singapore and once we are all in SG then apply for their dependent passes ?

I have heard that visitors who are in Singapore on visit pass had some issues in getting dependent pass or Long term visit passes.

Is that true or just someone rattling.


Posts: 486
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 9:38 am
Location: London

Post by FaeLLe » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:36 am

Get her IPA for DP and then let her travel using that.

You can technically get her here on a SVP and then convert.
But why bother, you waited so long wait for few more weeks and get her DP approved and bring her here on that.

Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 9:16 pm

Post by revhappy » Sat, 13 Nov 2010 9:02 pm

Agree with Faelle, infact DPs get approved in a day so if you have all the required documents for the DP then might as well apply for it and arrive on the IPA.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests