Singapore Expats Forum

EPEC approved. Passport renewal.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tayyabmail

EPEC approved. Passport renewal.

Postby tayyabmail » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:44 pm

Hi,

i got my epec approved. however, since then, i have dropped some water on my passport. as a result, my photo on passport, which is still clearly visible, has developed a spot on the right side of photo. everything else is fine.

i was wondering, if i got a new passport, would this pose a problem in the ltsvp process? its possible that i might not even need a new passport. but i just want to be on the safe side. even if i get a new passport, my old one on which i applied epec will still be attached to the new passport.

anyone with advice on this matter?

thanks

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:14 pm

You always need to update particulars with MOM once you change particulars such as passport.

Might not need to get a new card.

But if visa is not issued and IC is pending obtaining could be an issue.

tayyabmail

can anyone breif me about ltsvp process

Postby tayyabmail » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:04 am

if you have gone through epec followed by ltsvp, can you outline main steps. like what did application involve and major milestones in the process.

also wondering, after recieving epec, does it make any difference when we travel to sing and apply ltsvp?

i mean, if its within the duration that epec is valid, would it make any difference.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 8:18 am

If your passport is still usable and not expired, why even bother complicating things by getting a new passport? Use what you have.

tayyabmail

Postby tayyabmail » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 1:10 pm

yeah. thanks for the reply.

the passport is not expired so it is useable in that sense. but i dropped some water drops on it. as a result, my photo which is clearly visible has developed a light spot on the right side of my cheek (in the photo i mean ;))

so i am not sure if they would have a problem with my passport as it is.

if i get a new one, it will contain the number of my existing passport in the new one too. and the existing passport copy will be attached with the new one.

i know what you are saying. just trying to be super careful ;))

cheers

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 2:11 pm

tayyabmail wrote:yeah. thanks for the reply.

the passport is not expired so it is useable in that sense. but i dropped some water drops on it. as a result, my photo which is clearly visible has developed a light spot on the right side of my cheek (in the photo i mean ;))

so i am not sure if they would have a problem with my passport as it is.

if i get a new one, it will contain the number of my existing passport in the new one too. and the existing passport copy will be attached with the new one.

i know what you are saying. just trying to be super careful ;))

cheers

I read all of this the first time. You are not the first to have a slightly damaged passport. My old one lived a lot in my pocket and when through rainstorms, sweat, what have you. Some stamps slightly smeared... no one ever said anything.

Much ado about nothing.

tayyabmail

thanks

Postby tayyabmail » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 3:54 pm

thank you. i agree.