Singapore Expats Forum

Singaporean muppets - God help us

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Singaporean muppets - God help us

Postby JR8 » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 3:28 am

My wife is having to deal with a woman, who demands that she has been acted against based upon her race, as the embassy had a party, and it 'is her right as a Singapore Citizen to attend'. God help us, most of them turn up with all the extended family, if not street, fill their handbags and then clear off. That is why food is served last at SG ambassadorial functions.

Mind you, you do get used to hearing these stories. How about when that volcano was going up, and a Royal Navy warship went over to France to assist in the evacuation of UK nationals? A Singapore citizen called the SG embassy and asked if the SG navy would be sending a ship to Europe too to evacuate it's citizens. Yes, really.

Or the SG citizen who (also during the above situation) called the embassy and asked if he could he get from Europe to Qatar in under two days other than by flying.

And so on, and so on... :o 8-)

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed, 15 Dec 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur!

Postby dazzlebabe » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:04 am

you get muppets everywhere. Don't get me started on what I had to deal with in KL too.

But yes, the muppets here I can't deal with are the ones that walk with a hand up their a$$es literally. The ones that CANNOT walk straight and seem to do an immediate turn to walk into you. Seem to be those on the phones that are the guilty one. Can't seem to multitask. Coincidence that they are men? :wink:
Just me

DazzleBabe

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34258
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:44 am

You actually consider those milquetoast excuses of males as men? I gave you more credit than that! :shock: :P

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You actually consider those milquetoast excuses of males as men? I gave you more credit than that! :shock: :P


well, they most probably have penises...

at least this muppet is a manly-man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkd5dJIVjgM

reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 8:36 pm

Four posts and already this thread is heading for the gutter!

I don't like muppets with an entitlement mentality any more than I like muppets who stand on an escalator landing trying to decide where to go next. And yes they come in all colours. My escalator 'roadblock' last week happened to be a Caucasian female. I almost asked her to join this forum so she could read for herself, according to the other posters, that only Singaporean 'locals' are supposed to behave like that.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34258
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 8:41 pm

She probably applied for citizenship and they told her to learn how to assimilate first? :lol:

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 8:50 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote:Four posts and already this thread is heading for the gutter!

I don't like muppets with an entitlement mentality any more than I like muppets who stand on an escalator landing trying to decide where to go next. And yes they come in all colours. My escalator 'roadblock' last week happened to be a Caucasian female. I almost asked her to join this forum so she could read for herself, according to the other posters, that only Singaporean 'locals' are supposed to behave like that.


Honey, my intention was that it started in the gutter.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9159
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 9:31 pm

Wind In My Hair wrote: My escalator 'roadblock' last week happened to be a Caucasian female. I almost asked her to join this forum so she could read for herself, according to the other posters, that only Singaporean 'locals' are supposed to behave like that.

Drivers... already encountered a number of Caucasian a*h*s. Could be a different mechanism than assimilation.... kind of prerogative of the right combination. A car and a driver and an expat with a blown out ego.

User avatar
Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2005

Postby Wind In My Hair » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 9:42 pm

I like this X guy!

sundaymorningstaple wrote:She probably applied for citizenship and they told her to learn how to assimilate first? :lol:

:tongue:

JR8 wrote:Honey, my intention was that it started in the gutter.

Correction darling, it started in the gut and worked its way down.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10405
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:37 pm

x9200 wrote:
Wind In My Hair wrote: My escalator 'roadblock' last week happened to be a Caucasian female. I almost asked her to join this forum so she could read for herself, according to the other posters, that only Singaporean 'locals' are supposed to behave like that.

Drivers... already encountered a number of Caucasian a*h*s. Could be a different mechanism than assimilation.... kind of prerogative of the right combination. A car and a driver and an expat with a blown out ego.


Expat females by far the worst when it comes to motorcycling. Can't/won't give an inch when lane splitting, even though lane splitting is beneficial to both cagers and bikers. Worst was a German female who jammed pedal to the floor to ensure that I was stuck between vehicles.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 1:28 am

How did you divine her nationaility? Was she wearing little leather shorts maybe :)

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10405
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 6:46 am

JR8 wrote:How did you divine her nationaility? Was she wearing little leather shorts maybe :)


She was yelling at me for not getting out of her way.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 7:22 am

Lol!


p.s. man I need to move somewhere without roads.

User avatar
BigSis
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat, 17 Apr 2010

Postby BigSis » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 1:03 pm

JR8 wrote:Lol!


p.s. man I need to move somewhere without roads.



Go to Sark - one of the Channel Islands. Apart from a tractor or a golf buggy, the only vehicles they have are horse drawn carts

I wonder if they get tractor-rage there :D

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34258
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Nov 2010 1:15 pm

Don't know about tractor rage, but the Amish in Pennsyltucky in the US get Buggy Rage on occasion! :P


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests