Singapore Expats Forum

Question on EP Expiry

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

honey0401

Question on EP Expiry

Postby honey0401 » Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:05 pm

Hello,

I am not sure if anyone has posted the same question as I am newbie here.

I am an IT Professional currently working here in SG in a contract basis for a "so called IT software services (we will call it company A)" firm and deployed to a large MNC (we call it company B) here in SG for the past 10 months. My EP is co-terminus with my employment contract and will be expiring this Jan 2011. As my superior (from this MNC who happens to be the client) has offered me a permanent position in the company, I opted not to renew my contract with company A on the premise that company B will get me in as a permanent staff. With that said, that means it will be company B who will now take care of my new Employment Pass. However, knowing the onboarding process and timeline for company B could take around 2 months, yet I haven't seen any action made, I am apprehensive that a continuity of service may not be possible.

Question: After my EP expires in Jan 2011, for how long can I stay in Singapore after its expiry ? (assuming that I still don't have EP/IPA by then)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:59 pm

30 days then you must return to your country of origin. You can return after that but you cannot extend the end of EP SVP.