Singapore Expats Forum

New to SG from UK

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
DeanSG1

New to SG from UK

Postby DeanSG1 » Fri, 05 Nov 2010 4:41 pm

Hi Folks,

Arrived from the UK couple of weeks ago. Busy at work with little social life apart from the lunch time natter with the team members. So looking to all you folks out there to help sort this out.

Currently living in Orchard, but looking to Mover to Siglap or ECP areas. Are they good? Let me know, but happy to travel for a beer and meet.

Thanks
DeanSG
DeeSG

Meow81

Postby Meow81 » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 2:33 am

Hi Dean,

You can pm me if you wana hang out. East area like Siglap and East coast (ECP) are really nice area so i would highy recommend the move!
Last edited by Meow81 on Mon, 11 Jul 2011 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VictoriaKhim

Postby VictoriaKhim » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 12:56 am

hi there,

will be nice to meet up for a beer over the weekends ... you can get me at victoriaskng@yahoo.com.sg ..

cheers ....
Victoria

taitaitan

Re: New to SG from UK

Postby taitaitan » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 4:34 am

DeanSG1 wrote:Hi Folks,

Arrived from the UK couple of weeks ago. Busy at work with little social life apart from the lunch time natter with the team members. So looking to all you folks out there to help sort this out.

Currently living in Orchard, but looking to Mover to Siglap or ECP areas. Are they good? Let me know, but happy to travel for a beer and meet.

Thanks
DeanSG

Siglap is easily accessible to food! there's good a good ice cream place around that area, also a Viet restaurant where their coffee is brewed traditionally (very fascinating!)...
ECP would be good if you love to go for evening exercises outdoor, but gets crowded on weekends. and there's a few bars along the beach that gets really crowded with foreigners.
ECP and Siglap is pretty close to one another and they're both equally good :)

skay

Postby skay » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 2:14 pm

VictoriaKhim wrote:hi there,

will be nice to meet up for a beer over the weekends ... you can get me at victoriaskng@yahoo.com.sg ..

cheers ....

Where are you peeps living? Where you based out of?

East?

Cheers

K

( I am getting to Sg in Dec, after Xmas)

skay

Postby skay » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 2:22 pm

Meow81 wrote:Hi Dean,

You can contact me at suvivorfreak@yahoo.com.sg if you wana hang out. East area like Siglap and East coast (ECP) are really nice area so i would highy recommend the move! Btw im 29/F.

Hi there

Which part of SG?

I am lookin to move there soon - should be workin near Raffles place. And also interested in meeting new expats over there ideally of the age group 28-35:)

K

Matthiaos

Postby Matthiaos » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:24 pm

East in Marine Parade is an awesome place

1) East Coast Park Beach
2) Lots of Good food
3) Very accessible to the city especially if you work in Raffles Place.
4) If you drive, you can get back home easily via East Coast Park (ECP) freeway.

Ample Public Bus services to the city.

Enjoy.....

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:20 am

Hi there, you can join the Birtish Association of Singapore. We having a pub night tonight so you can come along and meet us all. Look at my link
Zeenit

DJ-F
Regular
Regular

Postby DJ-F » Fri, 17 Dec 2010 1:20 pm

You are all very welcome to join our group this Saturday. we have all met through this forum, and this will be our 5th Saturday night out. New people come along every week, and it is a good mix of locals, people who have lived here 2 years or longer, and newbies like myself who have been here a couple of months, and some people who have just arrived that week. This si the plan:

This week I thought we could check out two areas, revisiting Little India and then Emily Hill, finishing off the night at at either Mount Emily Park, or the Blue Jazz Cafe and the excellent bar we visited on Ophir Road on December 4th.

Little India MRT is in the closest to Emily Hill, so meet at the control center (information counter) at Little India MRT at 8:30 and have dinner in Little India where there are some excellent places to eat. I was considering the Bannana Leaf Apollo at 56-58 Race course road, see:

http://www.thebananaleafapolo.com/

as I have read some good reviews of it.

From Little India, take a walk to Emily hill to the Wild Oats Bar on the Hill, see:

http://www.wildrocket.com.sg/WO-the%20place.htm

It closes around midnight, so after a drink or two, depending on weather, we could buy beers / snacks from 7/11 and go to Mount Emily Park, or if raining, head to the Blue Jazz Cafe and the excellent bar we visited on Ophir Road on December 4th. If anyone could recommend a late night rooftop bar to visit on route that would be great.

For details on the night of where we are, or if you have problems finding us, call me: Fabian 98927361

Looking forward to our next meeting ....

ftopic74991.html

Hope to see you there. And regarding accommodation, I am looking too. I was also considering near East Coast Park, or if not, somewhere like Farrer Park, just north of Little India.

Fabian