Singapore Expats Forum

Can apply for PR after LTVP successfully approved?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Akatsuki_Pain

Can apply for PR after LTVP successfully approved?

Postby Akatsuki_Pain » Thu, 04 Nov 2010 4:20 pm

Hi,

I'm a PR myself and had been staying in Singapore since young. I just got ROM last year in singapore. Had applied LTVP for my wife since Aug 2010 and finally approved on Oct. Now, been thinking of applying PR for my wife, what's the chances?

A little background of me and my wife:

Well, my PR was offered to me after i graduated from local polytechnic. Having a decent job of income plus minus $2300, because there's OT and shift allowance. Have yet to pay tax because I just got this job end of last year and I'm sure I would be liable for tax next year.
My wife just graduated from Japan holding B.A Degree and had lived in Japan for 6 years. She's chinese and she decided to give up residency of Japan after we fall in love. Able to speak Japanese but a little poor on English. Right now, brushing up her English but keep rejected by employers because she's not PR and had to apply WP

So can anyone kindly advise me what are the chances of her getting PR if I apply for her now?

(Side track) What are the chances of me getting SC? Got PR on 2006 and had to renew next year. Shall I wait for them to send me offer letter or I have to apply now?

Thanks everyone for reading and hope to hear your valuable advise!

Akatsuki_Pain

Postby Akatsuki_Pain » Sun, 07 Nov 2010 9:11 pm

No one know the answer??? No one has the similar experience before??

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Re: Can apply for PR after LTVP successfully approved?

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 08 Nov 2010 2:22 am

Akatsuki_Pain wrote:Hi,

I'm a PR myself and had been staying in Singapore since young. I just got ROM last year in singapore. Had applied LTVP for my wife since Aug 2010 and finally approved on Oct. Now, been thinking of applying PR for my wife, what's the chances?

A little background of me and my wife:

Well, my PR was offered to me after i graduated from local polytechnic. Having a decent job of income plus minus $2300, because there's OT and shift allowance. Have yet to pay tax because I just got this job end of last year and I'm sure I would be liable for tax next year.
My wife just graduated from Japan holding B.A Degree and had lived in Japan for 6 years. She's chinese and she decided to give up residency of Japan after we fall in love. Able to speak Japanese but a little poor on English. Right now, brushing up her English but keep rejected by employers because she's not PR and had to apply WP

So can anyone kindly advise me what are the chances of her getting PR if I apply for her now?

(Side track) What are the chances of me getting SC? Got PR on 2006 and had to renew next year. Shall I wait for them to send me offer letter or I have to apply now?

Thanks everyone for reading and hope to hear your valuable advise!

Apply for her PR may be after a year so that you complete 1.5 years of your married life and also would be good if she is working (or) you have been promoted with a significant pay increase which can prove that you can support her financially

ap 4POT

Postby ap 4POT » Mon, 08 Nov 2010 5:31 pm

actually i did ask them before, they told me as long your LTVP has been approve u can apply.how the system works i dont really know. how true is it i dont really know.

when i apply for my wife LTVP the person told me u can apply for PR straight away.u can just try, no harm trying anyway.just fill in all forms and wait for result.
keep smiling :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Nov 2010 5:42 pm

Technically, you can apply immediately. Realistically, however, you should wait two years. In most instances, if you apply immediately, it appears that it may well be a marriage of convenience. They frown on that and usually tell you to apply again in 6 month or two years (lately anyway). But as noted above, if you don't mind filing out the paperwork and then fretting constantly on whether it going to get approved or fretting at how much time it's taking, then feel free to do so. They won't penalize you for it. They might think you are strange that you haven't read the papers to understand that the gahmen are slowing down the approvals, but other than that....... :-|

Akatsuki_Pain

Postby Akatsuki_Pain » Tue, 09 Nov 2010 7:31 pm

Oh.. Thanks guys for the reply.. I guess I just try to apply for her first. Hope it goes well.. Anyway, how about my SC? If I apply for myself before they send me renewal/convert, it is better? Also, do I required to serve NS since I got my PR from first generation. Thanks again!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Wed, 10 Nov 2010 4:11 pm

Akatsuki_Pain wrote:Oh.. Thanks guys for the reply.. I guess I just try to apply for her first. Hope it goes well.. Anyway, how about my SC? If I apply for myself before they send me renewal/convert, it is better? Also, do I required to serve NS since I got my PR from first generation. Thanks again!

Seriously, you took PR without first finding out whether you'd have to serve NS???

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 10 Nov 2010 4:19 pm

foreign talent. sure not helping to improve the gene pool here. :cry:

ap 4POT

Postby ap 4POT » Wed, 10 Nov 2010 7:05 pm

JayCee wrote:
Akatsuki_Pain wrote:Oh.. Thanks guys for the reply.. I guess I just try to apply for her first. Hope it goes well.. Anyway, how about my SC? If I apply for myself before they send me renewal/convert, it is better? Also, do I required to serve NS since I got my PR from first generation. Thanks again!

Seriously, you took PR without first finding out whether you'd have to serve NS???

actually for Akatsuki_Pain he should serve ns if he is dying to be in sg.Y afraid of NS? theres always a saying "follow what the Romans do" .ops correction, should be follow what singaporean do. theres no easy way out.nothing in this world has!
keep smiling :)

Akatsuki_Pain

Postby Akatsuki_Pain » Wed, 10 Nov 2010 7:33 pm

Yaya.. foreign talent :? Firstly, I'm not afraid of serving NS because I already said I've been living in sg since young. I wanted to serve if they send me NS letter after my graduation but no.. They send me exempted letter instead. At that point after graduated, I might be able to serve cause there's nothing better to do.. Now, I've got a stable job and if I need to serve NS, I dunno what my employer would think as I need to be excuse for 2 years? Know what I mean??

Furthermore, I'm not finding easy way out cause I know after my 5 years PR expired, i got the option to renew or they would send me sc application like what other forumer said. I'm just asking if I can do it now or later and you guys are not answering to my question... but thanks anyway for replying...

Akatsuki_Pain

Postby Akatsuki_Pain » Wed, 10 Nov 2010 7:59 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:foreign talent. sure not helping to improve the gene pool here. :cry:

Lol @ this guy :lol: I've learnt what you guys singaporean learnt since K1/K2/Primary/Sec/poly and I'm actually not helping to improve the gene pool here by working in sg for coming 4 years and contributed cpf.. :-| not helping at all cause studying 15 years of education in sg and I learnt nothing.. I appreciate your reply regarding my wife's pr but about my sc.. not so much...