Singapore Expats Forum

Live in maid -pls advice

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

tina1980
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon, 24 May 2010

Postby tina1980 » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 9:44 am

ex-pat wrote:
tina1980 wrote:


All this assuming you are not a pet owner yourself :-|



I grew up having a dogs at home and i love them dearly



So what do you do when you have to take a vacation or maybe go to work or maybe have a late meeting at work and not get enough time to walk the dogs ?
Last edited by tina1980 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:36 am

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:Why? Because you say so? If you pay your maid a decent wage and she understands this is her responsibility, what do you care?


Maybe a side talk, but .. Well, to back you up .. during one of my volunteer work, I crossed path with an employer who said they treat the maid with equal rights, and gets to go out when she is free and when she has no work to do, and the employer does her own shopping and so and so ... and went on to emphasis the fact that the maids are human being (oh - I gotta agree on that 100% - no way otherwise .. ) and it is time the maid found herself a boyfriend etc etc ... and all the while the maid was listening .. and casually in the few words of Tagalog I know, I asked the maid if she is married back home and she said yes, and then I turned back to the employer that it is time the employer started to get back to reality - and that her encouraging the maid to get a boyfriend etc. is not the right thing to do .. Oh gosh, the employer was shocked and said I am being unfair .. and conveniently refused to answer my question of what her pleasure is in breaking up the maid's family - instead harping on the fact that maid needs some 'love' :???: :???:

Well, I got the answer - these are the employers who get a maid, when they don't need a maid, then then wonder why the maid gets bored at home and then they go about micro managing the maids life ..

If you don't have work for a maid, dont' get one ..

If you think the maid is working - well, let me enlighten you - me too have to work to earn my moolah .. I don't get it free :D :D

Talk of reality .. Get real people .. :shock: :shock:

PS: I do treat maids as equal, and have done more than my share of counselling / and volunteering for such organisations .. and no- I am not a slave driver or preach so .. but I believe if you get paid to work - WORK - or find another job ..

tina1980
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon, 24 May 2010

N/A

Postby tina1980 » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 8:51 am

N/A

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Re: N/A

Postby Saint » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 9:07 am

tina1980 wrote:N/A


And this is the exact reason why many of us use the quote button when posting :lol:

tina1980
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon, 24 May 2010

Postby tina1980 » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 9:12 am

Well whatever - Just my way Of saying that I wont be posting on this Forum anymore. But good luck to who does.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 9:31 am

What a mard-arse :-({|=

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9301
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 9:41 am

tina1980 wrote:Well whatever - Just my way Of saying that I wont be posting on this Forum anymore.

At least as tina1980.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 9:58 am

Tina's been a bad girl and made a unholy mess of this thread be deleting all of her post's texts. Now Tina's no longer welcome and has had her account locked. Now I'll see if I can rebuild it as much as possible.

moderator

dazzlebabe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed, 15 Dec 2004
Location: Kuala Lumpur!

Postby dazzlebabe » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:14 am

So you lock someone out because they delete all previous posts?
Just me

DazzleBabe

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:31 am

I would have done the same. She threw her toys out of the pram and made a mess of these posts for everyone else.

Shows her mindset - a spoilt little brat......she was the big baby who needed looking after, not her kids!! :evil:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 11:42 am

When she deletes 51 posts in a dozen or more threads in various forums, just because she spit her dummy? YES! she gets locked out. When and adults acts like a petulant child and makes a dozen or more threads worthless for future reference here, she doesn't deserve to be here.

- moderator

At any rate, I've managed to restore around 80% of the threads thanks to google cached pages and my whole morning.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests