Singapore Expats

Skype difficulties

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
karl pedersen

Skype difficulties

Post by karl pedersen » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 2:16 pm

Hi all,
I'm having trouble registering for Skype as it won't accept my Sinaporean mobile phone number which has 8 digits and Skype requires minimum of 9 digits. Any ideas on how to resolve?
I appreciate any help.
Cheers
karl pedersen

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 2:22 pm

Did you put in the correct country code, that is, set your location to Singapore? My phone is entered without issues.

karl pedersen

I think so

Post by karl pedersen » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 2:30 pm

There was a box on the left that I had to select Singapore as my Country and it then showed +65. On the right it asked for the mobile number, which is where is says underneath "minimum 9 digits"??
karl pedersen

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: I think so

Post by ksl » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 3:57 pm

karl pedersen wrote:There was a box on the left that I had to select Singapore as my Country and it then showed +65. On the right it asked for the mobile number, which is where is says underneath "minimum 9 digits"??
Try putting 0's in the missing places, between the 65- and the number to make up 9 digit places. 65 0 then the number, the problem being the city allocation has no number so give it a 0
Last edited by ksl on Sun, 31 Oct 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karl pedersen

solved

Post by karl pedersen » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 4:22 pm

I tried with single and multiple 0s - didn't work. But I'm an idiot - finally got it to work by not "tabbing" on to the mobile phone input requirement. Now I can ask Skype why it doesn't like my mobile number.
Thanks for all your help.
karl
karl pedersen

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: solved

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 31 Oct 2010 7:33 pm

karl pedersen wrote:I tried with single and multiple 0s - didn't work. But I'm an idiot - finally got it to work by not "tabbing" on to the mobile phone input requirement. Now I can ask Skype why it doesn't like my mobile number.
Thanks for all your help.
karl
So bizarre... I don't get any of those "9 digit" messages.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 01 Nov 2010 12:59 pm

Sometimes when filling in feedback contact forms, the space left for telephone number will be Country code - City - Number, you cannot submit unless you fill in the City space and Singapore doesn't have any other numbers than 65-, so I always put the 0 in and it submits okay. I think it's probably an error in the application code for those Cities, that do not have 9 digits or they believe most people will probably try to put in the 0.

karl pedersen

Thanks

Post by karl pedersen » Mon, 01 Nov 2010 2:01 pm

ksl
I guess it could be the "City" code issue. Anyway was able to register last night, thus could also submit an error report to Skype. Will be interesting to hear their reply.

strong eagle
I could show you the screen shot with '9 digits required" if you are interested. I pasted it on to Excel but not sure how to attach to this forum.

Best Regards,
Karl
karl pedersen