Singapore Expats Forum

Scottish girl - only here for a few months....

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
mallucma

Scottish girl - only here for a few months....

Postby mallucma » Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:39 pm

hi there - are there any groups meeting up for coffee or anything soon? I'm here for work for 3 months.. been here 2 weeks.. (left my husband back in London where I live :(

would love to meet some of you for coffee or dinner or whatever you do... enjoying seeing all the touristy stuff Singapore has to offer, but its also nice to speak to other people other than at work!

would be great to hear if there are any meet ups arranged that I could tag along to ;)

Oh.. I'm 33 (not sure thats relevant but a lot of the forums seem to state what age you are)!

Mags

fadevo

Re: Scottish girl - only here for a few months....

Postby fadevo » Mon, 01 Nov 2010 12:59 pm

Welcome
Last edited by fadevo on Wed, 30 Mar 2011 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Tue, 02 Nov 2010 10:04 am

Hi,
Welcome to Singapore. We have a weekly quiz team that meets on Tuesday nights - check out the Pub Quiz thread. Don't worry if you feel you don't know anything - you'd be amazed at what you can contribute even if it is just moral support to the team. We're meeting at Boomerang at Robertson Quay tonight (tues).
Regards
Kim

mallucma

Postby mallucma » Tue, 02 Nov 2010 5:53 pm

Hi Kim - thanks for the update on the pub quiz.. unfortuantely I can't make tonight or next Tuesday either, but will aim to come to the one after that - in the mean time, I will keep an eye out for other events.

thanks and good luck in the quiz,

Mags

DJ-F
Regular
Regular

pub quiz

Postby DJ-F » Thu, 04 Nov 2010 1:05 am

Pub Quiz sounds great ....

Please add me to facebook if you have one - trying to make new contacts here in Singapore:

facebook id: fabian insingapore (not very original i know - blush)

Fabian 98927361

RJosephWilson

Postby RJosephWilson » Sat, 06 Nov 2010 7:37 am

mallucma wrote:hi there - are there any groups meeting up for coffee or anything soon? I'm here for work for 3 months.. been here 2 weeks.. (left my husband back in London where I live :(

would love to meet some of you for coffee or dinner or whatever you do... enjoying seeing all the touristy stuff Singapore has to offer, but its also nice to speak to other people other than at work!

would be great to hear if there are any meet ups arranged that I could tag along to ;)

Oh.. I'm 33 (not sure thats relevant but a lot of the forums seem to state what age you are)!

Mags

I'm always up for a cup of coffee and conversation. I'll be here for about a year. Drop me a line if you know a spot for a good cup of coffee.
Thanks,

Richard J Wilson
richardjwilson@yahoo.com

mallucma

Postby mallucma » Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:04 am

hi richard, some of us might be meeting up tongiht for the first time ( not confirmed - lots of people busy for the holiday weekend).. but if that goes ahead I will let you know.. in fact I can add your name to the distribution on that chat if you like, as they may organise dinner or coffee or something at another time?

have a nice day!

Mags

RJosephWilson

Postby RJosephWilson » Sat, 06 Nov 2010 11:17 am

mallucma wrote:hi richard, some of us might be meeting up tongiht for the first time ( not confirmed - lots of people busy for the holiday weekend).. but if that goes ahead I will let you know.. in fact I can add your name to the distribution on that chat if you like, as they may organise dinner or coffee or something at another time?

have a nice day!

Mags

Yes, please add me. I have been having some issues with PM messages getting sent - they are getting held up in the outbox for some reason. Hopefully I am getting all messages people send.

Let me know when and where you are meeting this eveing - maybe I can hook up with ya'll.
Thanks,

Richard J Wilson

richardjwilson@yahoo.com

dannyotan

Postby dannyotan » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:41 pm

mallucma wrote:hi there - are there any groups meeting up for coffee or anything soon? I'm here for work for 3 months.. been here 2 weeks.. (left my husband back in London where I live :(

Mags

Hi , I am keen to network with foreign friends, me S'porean male , enjoy music , chats and good laugh. Danny is my name , look forward to hear from you soon.My email is dannyotan@hotmail.com

mallucma

Dinner Saturday 20th November, Scottish restaurant

Postby mallucma » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:30 pm

Hi all.. a small group of us (5) are meeting for dinner tomorrow night - hopefully at the Scottish Restaurant at Clarke Quay - yet to be booked - if you want to come along too, please reply!

Mags

leahjade

hi im brand new in town

Postby leahjade » Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:40 am

and dont know anyone, im outgoing and social and would love to meet anyone. is there any space for the dinner tonight.

my email is leahjade@hotmail.com

im south african and have lived all over the world and just relocate here from melbourne. oh yeah and 30 years old :)
:)

seann75

Postby seann75 » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 2:50 pm

Mags

hi we can meet out for drink tis weekend sean 91240730
hi

ZaMiRoCK

Postby ZaMiRoCK » Tue, 28 Dec 2010 2:54 pm

woah...scottish girl eh..i went to edinburgh in june..visited the old town, edinburhg castle, totally awesome..anyways 25m local here..i dun mind meeting up for lunch/dinner/movie/shopping/etc... u can add me on fb or msn at zamir9@hotmail.com... merry belated xmas !