Singapore Expats

SPAM!

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
beppi
Manager
Manager

SPAM!

Post by beppi » Fri, 29 Oct 2010 7:21 pm

I received the following email today:
Cecilia Oma <ceciliaoma03> to

Hi,
My name is miss Cecilia Oma ,i saw your profile today at (forum.singaporeexpats.com) and became more intrested in you,i will also like to know more about you,and i want you to send a mail to my email address so that i can give you my picture.Here is my email address ([email protected]) I believe we can move from here hoping to hear from you soon bye.
Thanks Yours
Cecilia..
No doubt, if I reply, he will send me pictures of a beautiful woman wanting to marry me and only needs me to send money for the plane ticket - by Western Union to Nigeria.

So far so good, BUT

How the hell do these criminals get my email address from this forum?!?

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:00 pm

i got the exact same message and when I tried talking to the person it lead to them having some 'money' locked away due to some unfortunate circumstances and neeeded me to transfer money over to get that money out
:lol:
Dearest
I am more than happy in your reply to my mail.How are you this morning hope fine. as for me here is a little bit cold over here in Dakar Senegal, In this camp we are only allowed to go out from the camp only on Mondays and Fridays of the weeks, It's just like one staying in the prison and i hope by Gods grace i will come out here soon.

I don't have any relatives now whom i can go to because all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war, the only person i have now is ( REV.JOHN MICHEAL) who is the pastor of the (Christ The King Church) here in the camp he has been very nice to me since i came here but i am not living with him rather i am living in the woman's hostel because the camp has two hostels, one for men the other for women.
The Pastor's Tel number is (+221-774-222-028) if you call and tell him that you want to speak with me, he will send for me in the hostel, As a refugee here i don't have any right or privileged to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country.I want to go back to my studies but not in Senegal or Rwanda because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.

Please listen to this it's a secret,even the Reverend don't know about it that i have my late father's FUND DEPOSIT CERTIFICATE and his DEATH CERTIFICATE here with me which shall be used to claim the money from the bank,because when my late father was alive he deposited some amount of money in one of the leading bank in Europe which he used my name as the next of kin,the amount in question is $4.7 (Four Million,Seven Hundred Thousand US Dollars).

So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you will send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come over there to meet with you.I kept this secret to people here in the camp i have the FUND DEPOSIT/DEATH CERTIFICATES here with me .So in the light of above i will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it and when i will be there with you.
Remember i am giving you all this information due to the trust i deposed on you.I like honest and understanding people,trustful and people of vision,optimistic and hardworking, My favorite language is English because it is my country's general language.Meanwhile i will like you to call me like i said, so that i can hear your voice and you hear from me too.Have a nice day and think about me..
Awaiting to hear you soonest .
Yours lovely
Charity.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Nov 2010 1:15 pm

:o Good question! I don't know. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Thu, 04 Nov 2010 2:08 pm

Did you ever leave a message like this one?
yu jie wrote:Hi, gals,

Any activities please count me! [email protected]

Just back from a great road trip in Australia, and found that I am still in holiday mood!

Hope can join you guys for lots of fun!

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Thu, 04 Nov 2010 3:31 pm

"Will like to" is apparently as typical to Nigerian English as "lah" is to Singlish.