Singapore Expats

EP Holder - Declaring Additional Earnings?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
riddla

EP Holder - Declaring Additional Earnings?

Post by riddla » Tue, 26 Oct 2010 1:52 pm

Hi.

Great forum!

I am an EP holder in Singapore, this coming tax statement will be my first here in Singapore. I have been here since February, and love it :)

So, I am an EP holder.

Outside of my regular salary that I am paid here in Singapore, I also earn some funds from a few websites I own.

I would like to do the correct thing and declare these earnings here in Singapore, and pay taxes on them to the Singapore government since this year I will not be paying taxes on these earnings back home this year.

What is the procedure for this? Will a basic accountant here in Singapore know how to handle this?

Thanks again!

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 26 Oct 2010 3:47 pm

Actually if you are on EP it is illegal to work, two jobs or run a business!

Maybe you should hand it over to a relative or have a PR or Singaporean manage the business, you also need the business registration in which you have 6 months to register it on your arrival.

I would consider a relative take care of it, as you are not allowed to be active in anything other than what your EP as been issued for.