Singapore Expats Forum

lose weight the right way

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

pantu

lose weight the right way

Postby pantu » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 9:41 pm

Why some people despite exercising, doing their best to keep a balanced diet, eat fruits, vegetables and all the good stuff still feel sluggish and out of sorts or are gaining back weight, etc? They need products to work at the cellular level, to nourish the cells otherwise you can't sustain your ideal weight or improve your well-being.
I found a product which all those who want to lose weight and also maintain their weight, great skin and health in general can benefit from.
I know people who've used them and are very satisfied and enthusiastic about the results they got. Email me heelsoffortune@gmail.com if you wanna know more.

User avatar
tan_pao_wei
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 09 Oct 2004
Contact:

Postby tan_pao_wei » Sun, 07 Nov 2004 11:34 pm

This is not true. If they exercise and diet the right way, they won't feel sluggish or stuff like that. No product can help people lose weight effectively and not gain it back without a slight change of lifestyle or eating habits. Those creams, pills, treatment is useless.

Don't believe these scrams. They just hang around forums to cheat people. If these weight loss thing is true, people won't be looking for products after products to lose weight.

C'mon people, if you want to lose weight you gotta make some effort. Read on my link on how to lose weight through exercise and diet the right way on your own, not through those waste-money things.

User avatar
Han
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 07 Nov 2004
Contact:

Postby Han » Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:53 pm

tan_pao_wei wrote:This is not true. If they exercise and diet the right way, they won't feel sluggish or stuff like that. No product can help people lose weight effectively and not gain it back without a slight change of lifestyle or eating habits. Those creams, pills, treatment is useless.

Don't believe these scrams. They just hang around forums to cheat people. If these weight loss thing is true, people won't be looking for products after products to lose weight.

C'mon people, if you want to lose weight you gotta make some effort. Read on my link on how to lose weight through exercise and diet the right way on your own, not through those waste-money things.


Have to agree with the exercise and diet part. You need to cover the basics first.

As for the supplements (i define those as pills, creams, treatments etc.), I beg to differ. There are great supplements out there, just that they are few and far between. With all those marketing hype, a lot of people easily fall into the gimmicks of fad supplements.

Again, I would stress on getting your exercise and diet part down first. And THEN, use supplement for aiding in your goals. Be it losing weight/toning up.

That's why a supplement is called....a supplement! It works AS a supplement! :shock:
Han Ayden, Body Transformation Specialist, http://www.physiquemakeover.com

beauty

Postby beauty » Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:04 pm

i totally agree with tan_pao_wei period

there is no other more effective than exercising and watching what you eat. Not only about effectiveness...it also brings awareness to you about your total well being... Products in the market only continue to delude you in many different ways. Exercise is the way to clear your head and not be muddle headed to use yourself as a guinea pig for the products.

I have done it the tan_pao_wei way before and have experienced tremendous success within 2 weeks. After that it is about maintenance. Using this method...when you fail to maintain...you know that something else has taken priority in your life and you will be fully conscious about it and usually the change of priority is by choice.

User avatar
tan_pao_wei
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 09 Oct 2004
Contact:

Postby tan_pao_wei » Tue, 09 Nov 2004 8:59 pm

beauty wrote:i totally agree with tan_pao_wei period

there is no other more effective than exercising and watching what you eat. Not only about effectiveness...it also brings awareness to you about your total well being... Products in the market only continue to delude you in many different ways. Exercise is the way to clear your head and not be muddle headed to use yourself as a guinea pig for the products.

I have done it the tan_pao_wei way before and have experienced tremendous success within 2 weeks. After that it is about maintenance. Using this method...when you fail to maintain...you know that something else has taken priority in your life and you will be fully conscious about it and usually the change of priority is by choice.


Yes if you start eating "clean" you will lose up to 10lbs in the first week, but thats mostly water weight you are losing. That's why you see those slimming centre advertisment claim that their client lose XXX lbs in the first week! See if they can maintained that rate for the next few weeks.

Remember losing weight and fat is different...

jesswong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 02 Nov 2004

Postby jesswong » Wed, 10 Nov 2004 5:51 pm

Yes I fully agree that exercise is the best to lose way, but if you are lazy or you have no time to do exercise, then it is better for you to take some supplement to help. But I do not advice to take any pill.

When you want to slim down, make sure do not anyhow put thing (slimming pill or....) into your month. It may not good for your health. If you try to think deeper, why after you take that product, you can reduce your weight, why usually when you are ill, your weight will reduce too. It all becuase whatever you eat, your body is not able to absorb. I think this one is the same theory when you are taking slimming pill or somekind of product require you to take before food or after food. Why must be before or after food, the aim is to stop your body to absorb whatever you eat. It is no good for your health in the long run although you may be able to achieve what you want. My personnal opinion if you want to slim down, you better apply something external, it will not affect your health, your body still can absorb what you have eaten. I am using one slimming cream, it is working very good to me. It help to burn away the unwanted fat.

User avatar
tan_pao_wei
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 09 Oct 2004
Contact:

Postby tan_pao_wei » Thu, 11 Nov 2004 6:18 am

jesswong wrote:Yes I fully agree that exercise is the best to lose way, but if you are lazy or you have no time to do exercise, then it is better for you to take some supplement to help. But I do not advice to take any pill.

When you want to slim down, make sure do not anyhow put thing (slimming pill or....) into your month. It may not good for your health. If you try to think deeper, why after you take that product, you can reduce your weight, why usually when you are ill, your weight will reduce too. It all becuase whatever you eat, your body is not able to absorb. I think this one is the same theory when you are taking slimming pill or somekind of product require you to take before food or after food. Why must be before or after food, the aim is to stop your body to absorb whatever you eat. It is no good for your health in the long run although you may be able to achieve what you want. My personnal opinion if you want to slim down, you better apply something external, it will not affect your health, your body still can absorb what you have eaten. I am using one slimming cream, it is working very good to me.


I don't really know what you trying to say but my interpretion is that you are trying to sell another Miracle Pill again?

People lose weight when they are sick for two reasons:

1) Loss of appetite (being hungover, for instance, is a great way to lose weight, not eating and purging one's stomach).

2) Metabolic needs to fight off the sickness. The body is working ovetime to rid itself of whatever is ailing it.

It has nothing got to do with body not able to absorb food and stuff like that.

I've heard of pills that can absorb some carbs or fats or something and I've even seen that in some cases these compounds really do bind to the food in question. However, I suspect that you'd need to engorge yourself with tons of them, and I've never seen anything that says they really work in a diet setting.

So people, don't expect yourself to lose fat when you buy those pills, cos our body just don't work that way.Our body is a very efficent machine and saying that it does not absorb food is pure bullshit.

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu, 11 Nov 2004 5:47 pm

Maybe jesswong could give us more information on the 'sliming cream' she's selling. A link would be good so we can know more about the main ingredients, the studies/reasearch done.

Pertaining to the fat / carbs blockers as discussed above, let me share a few things:

FAT BINDERS

Fat binders normally contains chitosan, which blocks the absorption of fat. It binds to the fats in the gut and carries them through the digestive tract, not allowing their absorption. That results in (no good way to say this) greasy excrements.

It will also block the absorption of any fat-soluble nutrients, eg. like vitamins A and E, as well as heart healthy Omega 3 fatty acids from the foods you eat (cold water fish, walnuts,etc.)

Our body needs healthy essential fatty acids. These are fatty acids that the body doesn't produce and we can only supplement the body with it through consumption of food.

Why do we need fats? To regulate body temperature, cushion joints, protect internal organs and hormonal functions to name a few.

So, if we keep taking fat binders to aid in fat loss, we won't be providing the body with what it needs to function.

STARCH/CARB BLOCKERS

This is the latest craze in the wieght loss industry. Popping these pills would supposedly allow you to enjoy more starchy food. Is it good?

Well, I couldn't comment because I haven't try it myself.

From what I know, it actually prevents the enzyme, amylase, that breaks down starch from working, so you don't break down and absorb the carbs. In simpler words, it acts by interfering with the body's ability to digest and absorb carbohydrates.

Basically it works in the same way a fiber does, and go right through you. So if it works like fiber, does it make better sense to eat more fibre enriched foods like oats, grains, frutis and veges? Psyllium husks is a great fiber supplement and costs only a couple dollar> I'd rather spend my $ on it.

If you really are carb sensitive, (meaning you gain fat easily eating carbs),
it's better to supplement with ALA (alpha lipoic acid). This will help to manage your glucose and insulin levels. Cheaper and healthier!

Hope this helps in answering the questions on fat/carb blockers. :D

User avatar
Han
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 07 Nov 2004
Contact:

Postby Han » Thu, 11 Nov 2004 5:49 pm

Above post by me.
Don't know why I keep getting logged out...
Han Ayden, Body Transformation Specialist, http://www.physiquemakeover.com

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 1:19 am

Hi i m aso interested with losing weight natually i do exercise but think it wld be best solution to watch over my diet coz i hv tried hebalife soy powder for replacement of my daily meal b4 can see result in 1mth continuously but that cost me a bomb. wld like to seek opinion frm some expat in this forum aso looking for other product which are not so costly and safe...pls advise. thanks!

- May :lol:

pin pin

hello

Postby pin pin » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:44 pm

maybe i can intro. my personal trainer to u..
He is called gilbert fr bodytrex. (I got to knoe him through my web friend too heheh). I can Tell u that he is real gd. he can answer all your questions fr workouts to diets. and i personally find his advises very effective. very different fr the trainer i used to trained in plantfitness. wat more his rate is affordable i always sign up with him $55/session for 10 session. he don even mind stay alittle bit longer than he should be during the training..
and by the way forgotten to tell u that i used to be 89kg and now 69kg... (started to train on the april ) still look a little bit fat but of course look much better than last time!!!.

User avatar
Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue, 21 Jun 2005
Location: Too close...

Postby Alfalfa » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:54 pm

Han wrote:Above post by me.
Don't know why I keep getting logged out...


Han, so u are a personal trainer.. I would like to really trim my tummy.. can you really help?

I was serious about loosing that beerbelly..but I wasn't getting that much help from the usual suspects...sorry guys.. I am offended my Eric's pic of the "SPECIES"...lol
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

pin pin

heheheh

Postby pin pin » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 2:56 pm

hehehehe :oops:

sorry forgotten to give his contact.
gilbert
email: bodytrex@mail2consultant
or sms his asst at : 90053504

cheers

sean79
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 26 May 2005

yo buddy

Postby sean79 » Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:33 pm

Han, so u are a personal trainer.. I would like to really trim my tummy.. can you really help?

I was serious about loosing that beerbelly..but I wasn't getting that much help from the usual suspects...sorry guys.. I am offended my Eric's pic of the "SPECIES"...lol[/quote]

well may be i can help u
try these ;)

ABS Exercises

Floor Crunches - Lie flat on your back on the floor, legs bent, feet flat,
pushing your lower back into the floor. Clasp your hands behind your neck,
keeping your elbows back, in line with your head. Crunch up slightly, raising
your head and shoulders, breathing out as you crunch. As you crunch up push your
lower back into the floor and squeeze your tummy as tight as possible. Lower
your head and shoulders back down to the floor and repeat. You should feel a
burning sensation in your upper tummy area and midsection.

Lower Ab Crunches - Lie flat on your back on the floor, legs raised, knees bent
and lower legs folded. Push your lower back into the floor. Place your hands by
your sides, palms facing the floor. Raise your backside and hips slightly,
breathing out at the same time. As you crunch up push your lower back into the
floor and squeeze the lower section of your tummy as tight as
possible. Lower your hips and backside back down to the floor and repeat. You
should feel a burning sensation in your lower tummy area and upper pelvis.

Side Crunches (you can also use your ab roller for this exercise)
Lie flat on your back on the floor, have your knees bent and legs pointed to one
side. Your lower body should be pointing to the side but your upper body should
remain straight and flat on the floor. Have your hands by the sides of your head
and your elbows back. Crunch up slightly pushing your lower back into the floor,
raising your head and shoulders, squeezing the side of your waist. Lower your
head and shoulders back down to the floor. Repeat the exercise until you have
finished your reps. Then change to the other side.

Setting Yourself Some Goals

Achieving a toned, slimmer midsection is possible if you are prepared to make
the above changes to your lifestyle. You will be surprised at the results you
receive if you dedicate yourself for a solid 12 - 16 weeks. The hardest part is
getting started, but once you are on your way you won't regret it. Set yourself
monthly realistic goals that are possible to acheive. Use goal clothing or a
tape measure to monitor your changing waistline. Re-measure every 4-6 weeks.
Don't forget about the good ol' fat callipers too

cheers
sean79
senior fitness consultants
www.bodytrex.net
your one stop personal Training.
BodyTreX
we don bull shit
we prove result to u.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:54 am

tan_pao_wei wrote:
jesswong wrote:Yes I fully agree that exercise is the best to lose way, but if you are lazy or you have no time to do exercise, then it is better for you to take some supplement to help. But I do not advice to take any pill.

When you want to slim down, make sure do not anyhow put thing (slimming pill or....) into your month. It may not good for your health. If you try to think deeper, why after you take that product, you can reduce your weight, why usually when you are ill, your weight will reduce too. It all becuase whatever you eat, your body is not able to absorb. I think this one is the same theory when you are taking slimming pill or somekind of product require you to take before food or after food. Why must be before or after food, the aim is to stop your body to absorb whatever you eat. It is no good for your health in the long run although you may be able to achieve what you want. My personnal opinion if you want to slim down, you better apply something external, it will not affect your health, your body still can absorb what you have eaten. I am using one slimming cream, it is working very good to me.


I don't really know what you trying to say but my interpretion is that you are trying to sell another Miracle Pill again?

People lose weight when they are sick for two reasons:

1) Loss of appetite (being hungover, for instance, is a great way to lose weight, not eating and purging one's stomach).

2) Metabolic needs to fight off the sickness. The body is working ovetime to rid itself of whatever is ailing it.

It has nothing got to do with body not able to absorb food and stuff like that.

I've heard of pills that can absorb some carbs or fats or something and I've even seen that in some cases these compounds really do bind to the food in question. However, I suspect that you'd need to engorge yourself with tons of them, and I've never seen anything that says they really work in a diet setting.

So people, don't expect yourself to lose fat when you buy those pills, because our body just don't work that way.Our body is a very efficent machine and saying that it does not absorb food is pure bullshit.


Personally Tan_pao_wei, I agree with you, you know exactly what you are talking about, so I will not add to your comments, but I have been in athletics for 35 years, tri-athlon and mountain running a favourite.

I normally trained 9 months a year, and the 3 months free, I would automatically put weight on, this is a natural process, because of none training. There are loads and loads of suppliments around, but not many are backed up by scientific research, only the production Companies own research people.

Now I am a bit of a fanatic with fitness, So I would like to share something with you, and I would like you to read it carefully and either post your opinion or PM me. This is very very important, and no bullshit.

Visit www.drinkingvinegar.com read it through and compare the product with what is on the market today, I will not guarantee weight loss, what I will guarantee, is that it stimulates your metabolism, and therefore burns more calories, and breaks down fat. Now I can imgaine your thinking bullshit.

So I will invite you to read the Noble Prize winner of 1953 Dr. Adolf Krebs
research on metabolism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Adolf ... Metabolism

Image

Again in 1964 Two more Noble Prize winners recieved their awards, again for Vinegar acidic drinks, and the effects on the human body, especially the effect that the body does need the vinegar to balance the whole system, and enhance the immune system, replacing old, with new.

I think this is all quite a surprise for you has it as been for me, to be able to actually prove that something does, work by providing scientific evidence from Noble Prize winners for their work on Vinegar acidic drinks.

For many years Chinese folklore talk of vinegar to cure this and that, is actually proven, more than once. and evryone knows that Apple cider vinegar is a weight aid, becuase of the stimulation of the metabolic pathway.

It's only since the SARS out break, that manufacturers noticed a huge increase in vinegar, to protect against the virus, not knowing if it can or cannot.
The facts are that it does kill certain viruses, But what people are not aware of is the fact that all acidic vinegars have the same effect on metabolism, not only apple. and the research of the data, backs this up.

It is acidic acid from citrus type fruits, that have the abilty to break down fat molecule by opening the metabolic pathways. So the manufacturer in Taiwan decides to give the people what they want, by making a ready to drink vinegar, 100% natural fruit vinegars, organic fermented and with no additives whatsoever, and it's not sour. but sweet, with the sugars coming from the natural fermentation process of the fructos.

So after reading the research data, I would like your sincere comments, because I am sincerely interested in marketing these products under a different name, and for the benefit of athletes and weight watchrs like yourself, If you are aware of anyone intersted in this project please contact me, because we do have the sole rights on import to Singapore.

I mean what better way, than to balance your body, and to enhance your immune system, while burning fat.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Beauty, Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest