Singapore Expats

PR application tax certificate

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Shola Ultimate

PR application tax certificate

Post by Shola Ultimate » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:21 pm

Hi All,
Looked around for a thread to assist in PR application regarding tax certificate but couldnt trace one.

PR application asks for 3 years of tax certificate. I have been here for more then a year so have one tax filing done. Do I need to attach the remaining 2 years of tax certs from earlier country? If yes anything else also?

In case employer is hesitant of endorsing application due to CPF and that I may switch job due to expertise in demand how weak does my application become?

How much weight does techincal skills training certificates add apart from a masters degree and 10+ years of experience and P1.

I understand I should wait a bit more but due to some personal issues I have to take risk and go ahead before end of year.

Share expert opinion
NZ

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Re: PR application tax certificate

Post by JayCee » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:10 pm

Shola Ultimate wrote:
PR application asks for 3 years of tax certificate. I have been here for more then a year so have one tax filing done. Do I need to attach the remaining 2 years of tax certs from earlier country? If yes anything else also?
Erm no, why would the Singaporean government care about you paying tax previously in other countries?

Let's be honest here, unless you have something they need (like a son who you will be applying for PR for too) or you're married to a Singaporean spouse, you've got pretty much no chance if you've only been here a year