does russian girl have any chances to find job in Singapore?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
abissinochka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 3:14 pm
Location: RussianFederation

does russian girl have any chances to find job in Singapore?

Post by abissinochka » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 3:23 pm

does russian girl have any chances to find job in Singapore with 2,5 years purchasing experience in german companies and 2 years IT help-desk experience in Mars INC?
I speak german very well and upper-intermediate english level.
My strenghs:
- project management skills
- Good experience working in Service Desk/Help Desk Environment;
- Experience in training teams on Help Desk system usage;
- Working knowledge of Business Objects ;
- Self-driven and energetic;
- Very good communication and analytical skills;
-Well organized, take initiative, flexible, work well under pressure, work effectively with colleagues and management, not afraid of challenging work, strong will to learn, strong presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels of business

Alisa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 7:53 am
Location: Singapore

Post by Alisa » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 4:51 pm

Yes,you do have a chance. My friend just got a similar job. The only difference is she speaks Dutch .

abissinochka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 3:14 pm
Location: RussianFederation

Post by abissinochka » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 4:56 pm

Alisa wrote:Yes,you do have a chance. My friend just got a similar job. The only difference is she speaks Dutch .
Alisa, thank you very much for this answer.
But what kind of job does ur friend have now in Singapore?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8348
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:09 pm

Why don't you try searching for jobs online through the various job portals (e.g. monster.com, jobDB) and see if you can find a fit for your qualifications? Then you could use the forum's search function to look for other relevant topics such employment passes and "jobs for PRs only."
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11650
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:20 pm

Do you have a recognized degree? What are your salary expectations? Would you consider working in Kuala Lumpur?

abissinochka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 3:14 pm
Location: RussianFederation

Post by abissinochka » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:35 pm

nakatago wrote:Why don't you try searching for jobs online through the various job portals (e.g. monster.com, jobDB) and see if you can find a fit for your qualifications? Then you could use the forum's search function to look for other relevant topics such employment passes and "jobs for PRs only."
Da, ya uzhe ishu rabotu na etoh sajtah, poka bez rezultatno.
Vy govorite u nee uzhe est EP, a ya dumala EP mozhno poluchit tolko kogda u tebya est job offer ili?

abissinochka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 3:14 pm
Location: RussianFederation

Post by abissinochka » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:36 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:Do you have a recognized degree? What are your salary expectations? Would you consider working in Kuala Lumpur?
I'm looking for job only in Singapore maybe with travelling. Salary expactations: 3000 SGD
I have diploma in Linguistik Samara State University

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8348
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:38 pm

abissinochka wrote:
nakatago wrote:Why don't you try searching for jobs online through the various job portals (e.g. monster.com, jobDB) and see if you can find a fit for your qualifications? Then you could use the forum's search function to look for other relevant topics such employment passes and "jobs for PRs only."
Da, ya uzhe ishu rabotu na etoh sajtah, poka bez rezultatno.
Vy govorite u nee uzhe est EP, a ya dumala EP mozhno poluchit tolko kogda u tebya est job offer ili?
Sorry; I don't speak nor read Russian. About looking for jobs, you just need to refine your search. If you'll read the other threads here about job-hunting, you'll find a lot of information that will help you and also warn you of the inevitable obstacles you'll encounter--for example, qualifying for the correct 'visa', hence, Strong Eagle's question.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Alisa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 7:53 am
Location: Singapore

Post by Alisa » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:40 pm

abissinochka wrote:
nakatago wrote: Da, ya uzhe ishu rabotu na etoh sajtah, poka bez rezultatno.
Vy govorite u nee uzhe est EP, a ya dumala EP mozhno poluchit tolko kogda u tebya est job offer ili?

Ona podala domenty eshe iz holland. Tam nado bylo spravku s zarplatami predostavit'. Ps: ya tozhe v poiske raboty

Alisa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 7:53 am
Location: Singapore

Post by Alisa » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:42 pm

nakatago wrote:
abissinochka wrote:
nakatago wrote:Why don't you try searching for jobs online through the various job portals (e.g. monster.com, jobDB) and see if you can find a fit for your qualifications? Then you could use the forum's search function to look for other relevant topics such employment passes and "jobs for PRs only."
Da, ya uzhe ishu rabotu na etoh sajtah, poka bez rezultatno.
Vy govorite u nee uzhe est EP, a ya dumala EP mozhno poluchit tolko kogda u tebya est job offer ili?
Sorry; I don't speak nor read Russian. About looking for jobs, you just need to refine your search. If you'll read the other threads here about job-hunting, you'll find a lot of information that will help you and also warn you of the inevitable obstacles you'll encounter--for example, qualifying for the correct 'visa', hence, Strong Eagle's question.
It was meant for me. Cos of the site's stupid rule- five posts to be able to pm. She could not pm me

abissinochka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 3:14 pm
Location: RussianFederation

Post by abissinochka » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:50 pm

oh, sorry, just one question. Could I recieve EP without job offer?
Or what do u mean under EP?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11650
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:52 pm

abissinochka wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Do you have a recognized degree? What are your salary expectations? Would you consider working in Kuala Lumpur?
I'm looking for job only in Singapore maybe with travelling. Salary expactations: 3000 SGD
I have diploma in Linguistik Samara State University
Help desk positions are moving away from Singapore and to Malaysia because of costs. If you want to send me your CV, I'll give you my views of your employability (and ability to get a work permit) based upon project management or other skills).

abissinochka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 3:14 pm
Location: RussianFederation

Post by abissinochka » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:54 pm

nakatago wrote:Why don't you try searching for jobs online through the various job portals (e.g. monster.com, jobDB) and see if you can find a fit for your qualifications? Then you could use the forum's search function to look for other relevant topics such employment passes and "jobs for PRs only."
oh, sorry, just one question. Could I recieve EP without job offer?
Or what do u mean under EP?
and jobs for PRs only, what PRs mean?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8348
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:57 pm

abissinochka wrote:oh, sorry, just one question. Could I recieve EP without job offer?
no.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

abissinochka
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 3:14 pm
Location: RussianFederation

Post by abissinochka » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 5:59 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
abissinochka wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:Do you have a recognized degree? What are your salary expectations? Would you consider working in Kuala Lumpur?
I'm looking for job only in Singapore maybe with travelling. Salary expactations: 3000 SGD
I have diploma in Linguistik Samara State University
Help desk positions are moving away from Singapore and to Malaysia because of costs. If you want to send me your CV, I'll give you my views of your employability (and ability to get a work permit) based upon project management or other skills).
could you give me ur email address? Sorry, I can not send here private message, first day here

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest