Singapore Expats

general aptitude test

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
wynne.01
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:21 pm
Location: Singapore

general aptitude test

Post by wynne.01 » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:49 pm

I have a local degree with economic and two international diplomas with accounting but I were asked to sit the general aptitude test. I had tried to pass it but…. I had failed. I do not known why i was failed.What should I do? I thought that I could sit very well...So the company cannot employ me. Do I have a chance to apply another company? or this new company can submit for my pass again? And that is can be effect to my existing Spass? I don’t know what I am going to do. Do you have any idea? I just want to clarify all about it. Thank you

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Not Singapore

Re: general aptitude test

Post by JayCee » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 1:41 pm

If it involved an English test then I'm not really surprised.

Try reading the forum for answers to your questions

wynne.01
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: general aptitude test

Post by wynne.01 » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 2:07 pm

wynne.01 wrote:I have a local degree with economic and two international diplomas with accounting but I were asked to sit the general aptitude test. I had tried to pass it but…. I had failed. I do not known why i was failed.What should I do? I thought that I could sit very well...So the company cannot employ me. Do I have a chance to apply another company? or this new company can submit for my pass again? And that is can be effect to my existing Spass? I don’t know what I am going to do. Do you have any idea? I just want to clarify all about it. Thank you

wynne.01
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:21 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: General aptitude test MOM

Post by wynne.01 » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 3:39 pm

Hi JoyCee

thks for your reply but i dont know how to find out it.
Can i get this forum link? thks a lot. :)

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11663
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: general aptitude test

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 6:00 pm

JayCee wrote:If it involved an English test then I'm not really surprised.

Try reading the forum for answers to your questions
It's not an English test. It is an aptitude test, and while a lack of suitable English skills may have contributed to the OP's failure, I really generally refrain from criticizing a person's English language skills because it is a second language for so many.

But, I see that you don't feel that way.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Not Singapore

Re: general aptitude test

Post by JayCee » Wed, 20 Oct 2010 6:54 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
JayCee wrote:If it involved an English test then I'm not really surprised.

Try reading the forum for answers to your questions
It's not an English test. It is an aptitude test, and while a lack of suitable English skills may have contributed to the OP's failure, I really generally refrain from criticizing a person's English language skills because it is a second language for so many.

But, I see that you don't feel that way.
No I don't, as the OP stated they have a local degree I would expect their English to be good (at least the writing anyway).

But the English language comment wasn't really my main point, I was telling OP to try actually reading the forum for some answers instead of asking the same questions that have been asked a million times before. I guess his/her lack of aptitude to do so is what's got them in this predicament in the first place

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest